Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 313181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Optimus Primal

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    They used what's called hydrographics. It's basically a printing technique on complex shape objects, I.e the fur texture is printed on. There's some texts on the bottom left corner of the hobby king magazine page about it.
    Been watching a few vids and the process is amazing! I wonder if Takara will use this further down the line with other releases?

Here're some vids of the process being used for motorcycle parts and car parts.

Primal is definitely going to look the business!

Hot damn... I want one of those baths so i can texture up all my furniture! Awesome stuff

Ahh hydo dipping.. Makes sense how they got the texture on it but you will have to be careful. It can chip off.
    Last edited by VGMStudios; 8th April 2016 at 01:50 AM.

Some clearer pics (plus a couple we haven't seen) via Dengeki Hobby Web:

This will end up on my BW shelf and it has me wondering, it may make the rest of my BW figures look like turds haha

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    This will end up on my BW shelf and it has me wondering, it may make the rest of my BW figures look like turds haha
    No, you just need more than one BW shelf One for the originals, one for Generations, and one for MPs.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    No, you just need more than one BW shelf One for the originals, one for Generations, and one for MPs.
    I can't do what Hursty has (even though I nearly kept that collection I bought for him) hahah. I don't have many BW figures, just select ones that I really liked in the show. Inferno, Rampage, Transmutate, Ravage, blue TM 2 Megs, TM2 Dinobot, Cheetor, and then Rhinox and Rattrap. Think there is more but can't remember lol

MP Primal will compliment them wonderfully!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

He really will I reckon. I hope they do more. A better Dinobot would be awesome.

My money would be on a Megatron to go with Optimus. Then, if Takara decides not to continue on with BW MPs, we'll have at least gotten the two leaders.