Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Optimus Primal

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I suspect that they're sticking with the same size as the original Ultra Class toy for this. Although Dinobot was taller than Primal in the show, because in the cartoon Optimus Primal was really reduced to the size of a Mega (Voyager) and Dinobot was bumped up to an Ultra size. So if MP Beast Convoy is going to be Ultra size then I wonder if a potential future Dinobot would be Leader size.
    And Megatron was larger than Dinobot, so hopefully Megatron will be the largest MP BW figure.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Just like to point out that BW MPs are obviously not scaled to G1 MPs. If it were, then MP Beast Convoy would be tiny. Here's a human skeleton next to a gorilla skeleton - as you can see, even when standing fully upright, humans are still taller. Of course, gorillas don't stand upright (humans are the only primates who have a fully erect gait), so the a scale Optimus Primal's head would be somewhere between the heights of the Spike and Daniel figurines included w/ MP Ultra Magnus. This is in beast mode, so in robot mode it'd be maybe a head taller than Spike. Even going by cartoon scale, Optimus Primal would only be about as tall as MP Spike in Exo Suit in robot mode.

I suspect that they're sticking with the same size as the original Ultra Class toy for this. Although Dinobot was taller than Primal in the show, because in the cartoon Optimus Primal was really reduced to the size of a Mega (Voyager) and Dinobot was bumped up to an Ultra size. So if MP Beast Convoy is going to be Ultra size then I wonder if a potential future Dinobot would be Leader size.
    Yeah I'm keeping my BW MP's with my vintage BW figures. Primal and Cheetor won't scale at all with G1 MPs. Maybe a MP Optimal Optimus would, but that's just an educated guess.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

So much awesome they can barely fit all the photos on the back of the box! This week has dragged on so long waiting for him!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah I'm keeping my BW MP's with my vintage BW figures. Primal and Cheetor won't scale at all with G1 MPs. Maybe a MP Optimal Optimus would, but that's just an educated guess.
    Hhmmm... that's an interesting idea. Would look pretty cool too. Only thing is that my BW shelves are pretty darn full. My MP shelves have more room for now, but will become full themselves as I build my G1 MP collection. Hhhrrmm... I suppose I could pack away my Volcano Base to free up more shelf space for MP Beast Convoy.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    So much awesome they can barely fit all the photos on the back of the box! This week has dragged on so long waiting for him!
    Yeah, they really packed it in on the back!

TT have really kept a tight lid on this guy -- no lunchtime specials and reviews months in advance!

That's pretty surprising!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

In-hands from Alfes2010:

Interesting... looks to be closer to Mega size than Ultra (which does make it more show-accurate)

Japanese street release date is still tomorrow (Saturday), right?
    Which brings us to where we are today...