Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Optimus Primal

[QUOTE=drifand;503904]
    Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Really looking forward to this release! I hope we get a few other characters along the way.[/QU

Disagree here, as I think many is already skipping this.
    I disagree with your disagree

I am looking forward to seeing what Takara can produce... IMO Beast Wars has some of the best toys

Meh.

This is not for me but I think beast wars DESERVES the recognition in the MP line and especially in an anniversary year.
    I have noted before I have never watched the show so can't offer an opinion but the legacy it has left says it all. I won't be buying them personally but surely they could produce 2 or 3 MPs for the legion of fans

Yeah, ya never know unless ya try, and good on TakaraTOMY for at least having a go. At the end of the day we all vote with our wallets, and if enough people buy this toy it will encourage TakaraTOMY to make more. While the majority of BW toys were fantastic, there are a select handful of figures that were more questionable and are probably in dire need of an improved update.

Bring on MP Powerhug/Retrax!

This is kind of like me wanting an MP Galaxy Convoy... the original is so generally received as a good figure its hard to improve, in Galaxy Convoy/s case the only thing I can see them doing is maybe make him a bit bigger, ankle tilts, wrist articulation and more balance in Super Mode. Optimus Primal all they need to do is make him bigger, more accurate weapons and a non-faceplated head.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I think it looks awesome and will deff be adding to my Masterpiece collection

What's the best place to import MPs from for us Aussie fans?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I'm a huge BW fan it's what brought me back to TFs. But I'm rather a little disappointed with this even if it's only a render.
    The upper arms still look like the original toy.
    The butt flap is silly and those feet. Looks like his feet have grown extra limbs or something. It just looks off to me.

I'm going to wait for shots of the prototype cause this render is not really doing Primal justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    What's the best place to import MPs from for us Aussie fans?
    I get all my MPs from HLJ. If you want the collector coin go Robotkingdom. If you want a local supplier I think many are going with Premium Collectibles.

This is still early stage of the CGI and it looks like to mainly work out the engineering and transformation (to test if it will physically work as a toy, like what you have in Solidworks). Details are too be added and aesthetic tweaks can still be made. And that glossy surface render doesn't do the design any good because this is not meant to look good anyway.

I think if you're complaining about this being not much of an update from the original toy, you're missing the whole point of this being a Masterpiece altogether. Like some people would even say, MP Star Saber wasn't much of the update to the G1 toy either. If you've owned G1 Star Saber you know they're right. But does it stop the Japanese fans from loving this Masterpiece figure to death?

Just my 2 cents.