Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wahammer & 40K Tabletop

Default Wahammer & 40K Tabletop

I see in the PC section quite a few people like DOW and the 40K universe in general, I was wondering if anyone else plays the tabletop versions on the board. I haven't played in over a year but a friend of mine said there is a local tournament coming up using the Appocalypse rules with 5000pt armies. Is there a large amount of new rules in the Appocalypse book, oh I also need to buy the new regular rule book as well. I play Spacewolves but will most likely go with a 3000pt wolves army and 2000pt sisters army to compliment each other I hope. The only army in general I have had problems with is a Tau army who has absoloutely flogged me the 3-4 times I have played this guy. Any comments on the Appocalypse rules or help with defeating the pain in the backside Tau would be welcome(mostly skimmers so it's the equivalent of an Imperial gaurd armoured company except in Tau form).

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I do want to get into the tabletop game for not only the painting skills it will teach me but also my younglings. I have an army of Space Marines already just waiting to be painted. Just have to start making regular trips into the local Games Workshop.

I don't know if this will help 1orion, but when I'm playing DoW and I'm up against Tau armour I upgrade my infantry with plenty of missile launchers.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 22nd September 2008 at 01:19 PM.

i used to play both 40k and fantasy but havent in about 3 or 4 years so im way behind the rules but i have a 4000pt eldar biel' tan army and about a 2500pt high elf army.

I play lots of Wargames rather than lots of computer games, lots and lots and then some. Alas I'm at work now and don't have time to reply to this and list them all. Just wait till I get finished here.

Thanks to Zed I experienced my first Table top Wargaming session! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it.

I play stunties(dwarfs) in Warhammer. Thanks for the tip DD, in my normal 2000pt army I restrict my long range weapons to a few lascannons on one of my tanks(Predator), Land Raider Crusader(nothing like close range annihilation with 6 twin linked bolters, twin linked assault cannons and heavy melta but restricted range), Vindicator with demolishor cannon, Venerable Dreadnought with assault cannon(love his special rules) and my 7 man Terminator squad with 3 assault cannons. Assault cannons are excellent fun with 4 shots rending on 6's which means they can punch through any armour if your dice rolls are good enough, main draw back is their 24" range. You really have to weather the storm to be able to get close enough to shoot. This isn't good when the Tau's main gun on their Hammerheads have a 72" range. Missile launchers have 48" range which covers about half the tabletop which is a good coverage but unfortunately Spacewolves don't have devestator squads they only have the Longfang pack of 5 troops and then one of them is a pack leader without a heavy weapon, the missile launcher is a cheap weapon as far as heavies go so next time I play I'll load up the old boys and see how they perform.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Thanks to Zed I experienced my first Table top Wargaming session! It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it.
    Yes it can be a lot of fun but it depends on the opponent. Nothing worse than the person your playing losing it big time because they are getting a pasting. I have had some games ruined because of this then you become hesitant about playing these people again.

Nice to see a fellow gamer out on the boards!

I havnt played in ages, but then again was always more of a casual gamer, with my specialty being my Fantasy Chaos Warriors army, that iv had for 10 years, in one form or another

But nowadays im actually wanting to offload most of my stuff to focus on TFs. If anyone out there is looking for warhammer stuff, let me know!

Do you have any of the old chaos dwarves.

No im sorry, the only thing on them i have is the old army book

iv got enough for an Empire army (all in blisters/boxes), a heap of novels, Space Marines and others i cant seem to remember at the moment