Page 104 of 152 FirstFirst ... 849499100101102103104105106107108109114124 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Well big news at the Sharkies! I wonder what's going to happen. Are they going to try to offload some reserve graders as scapegoats orstall their investigation? I liked ASADA's "deal" they offered the Sharks.

Interesting times in the shire.
    depends which news article you read, ASADA came out and said they didnt interview anyone today.. cronulla say they are complying with investigations, first its 6 players or 14 or the entire squad..... then 20 players in the entire comp in more then the 6 clubs originally named..

its a right royal mess no matter which club you support.

and this is all to do with a guy that spent 2.5 weeks at cronulla... whats gonna happen to manly where he spent 2+ years when it is there turn in the media..........
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

All i can say is.... how good were the MIGHTY EELS on the weekend

Top of the table !!!!!! (may be the only chance i get to say it so i am living it up)

Thank god for yesterdays results. After Saturday Night I was 0-4 with my tips. Now atleast I'm 3 from 7
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post

Top of the table !!!!!! (may be the only chance i get to say it so i am living it up)
    Eels, Panfers in 1-2... might be the only time this decade we see that!

Game quality was pretty low overall, that Titans vs. Alleged Cheats game was terrible.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Thank god for yesterdays results. After Saturday Night I was 0-4 with my tips. Now atleast I'm 3 from 7
    8 from 8 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post

yay another Eels fan! I don't mind we are 2nd now was still good, I was at the game were you?

After having all the kids going on about Parra being top of the table on Monday it sure was sweet to go have a "Newcastle #1" on the interactive whiteboard all day.

Wish this ASADA crap would dissolve. They've got nothing and are trying to bully, intimidate and scare the players who followed medical advice into dobbing themselves in for nothing to make ASADA look good.

I know the ultimate responsibility falls on the player to ensure what they put in their bodies is legal regardless of the sport but when you have professional staff who you trust it's not fair to put all the blame on the players.

At least in football you don't get dropped for not sucking up to one of the worst captains(but more talented batsman) we've ever had!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So all the Tigers needed was a halfback? SMH
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

So all the Tigers needed was a halfback? SMH
    well one that wanted to play footy atleast
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

soo the 7th tackle try....

whats everyones opinion?

media is saying it cost the cowboys the game.

what do i think

i think the call was woefull how do 6 officials stuff up a tackle count, but did it cost the cowboys the game...

NO

it happened early enough for them to take control of the game and win it, it would be a different story if cronulla had scored that in the dying minutes to secure the win, but the fact is it happened in the 8th minute... and no body on the feild new straight away either... 70 minutes of football the cowboys could of overcome the odds and won but they didnt.

so the cowboys supporters are calling for the try to be stripped and the game awarded to them. or a rematch midweek.. is that fair?

NO

its really all a bunch of ifs and buts..

if the ref made the right call at the time who is to say that cronulla wouldnt of scored anyway.. they called 5th tackle as 4th tackle... so if cronulla got the 5th tackle call when they were supposed to (how many players count the tackles? not many they wait for the refs call) how do you know the exact same play would not of eventuated, they might of put up a bomb and scored, got a repeat set and scored, forced an error and scored under the posts .

do you go furthur and scrutinise every call the refs made, the penalty for "tackle in the air" that was awarded to the cowboys when the player was clearly attacking the ball, the JT Trip that was missed, the forward pass from dummy half that gave the cowboys a repeat set, the strip from cronulla that was missed and called lost ball, all of these bad calls resutled in momentum swings or points so did this cost the cowboys winning by 20 or the sharks winning by 6...

as it turned out they almost won the game in the end and it was centimetres that cost them, is that the ground keepers fault for making the touch line wider then normal?

Fact is Cowboys lost and the the refs should be held accountable, but the result is the same. the game was pretty good mostly the crowd was into it and its a shame it will be remebered for that rather then the effort put in by both teams as a curtain raiser to one of the best defensive games i had seen in a loooooooong time
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy