Page 106 of 152 FirstFirst ... 8696101102103104105106107108109110111116126 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Central QLD Sharks
    Won't happen. Club is better off then the media (Rebecca Wilson) thinks.

[quote]
    At least if either the Knights or Souths made the final most people wouldve had a team to back, as one or the other seem to be everyone's second or third favourite team.
    [\quote]

They are about 19 [souths] and 21 [Knights] with roosters sitting 20th on my list of favorites teams, in all seriousness I never understood the second team thing.

I'd wager a hefty sum that there will be a lot of grand final tickets on sale on eBay from Souths supporters that they will not be able to offload due to Manlys non travelling fans, and the roosters lack of fans at all.
    This is true but I think a lot of misc fans will attend. Just to boo both teams
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Yep, my interest in next Sundays game is gone. Rabbits v Knights was my ideal GF before the Semifinal games started and if either survived I would be as keen as mustard but now I have some free time.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Won't happen. Club is better off then the media (Rebecca Wilson) thinks.
    I know, just yanking your chain!
    (Also, I happened to be in the Mackay region when the story came out and there's NO way they'd take the sharks as their own!)

This will only be the second grand final i have no interest in watching, the first was the Easts vs Dragons final a few years back.

If the NRL wants to only relocate Sydney teams as opposed to creating new teams (fair enough, as I don't think we have the depth of talent for more than 16 teams, heck I don't think we have enough legitimate halves for 12 clubs!), you would think the Roosters would be candidate #1. They have bugger all fans, bugger all members who attend matches, no junior clubs, do not fund or support junior clubs, play in an area well serviced by Souths and are genuinely hated by most supporters due to their history of stealing talent.

And seriously, what idiot thought that "roosters" made for a good intimidating mascot? (Same for rabbits and to a lesser extent eels)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I know, just yanking your chain!
    (Also, I happened to be in the Mackay region when the story came out and there's NO way they'd take the sharks as their own!)

This will only be the second grand final i have no interest in watching, the first was the Easts vs Dragons final a few years back.

If the NRL wants to only relocate Sydney teams as opposed to creating new teams (fair enough, as I don't think we have the depth of talent for more than 16 teams, heck I don't think we have enough legitimate halves for 12 clubs!), you would think the Roosters would be candidate #1. They have bugger all fans, bugger all members who attend matches, no junior clubs, do not fund or support junior clubs, play in an area well serviced by Souths and are genuinely hated by most supporters due to their history of stealing talent.

And seriously, what idiot thought that "roosters" made for a good intimidating mascot? (Same for rabbits and to a lesser extent eels)
    Relocation is never a good thing, you can't take an established club and expect the locals to support them straight away, clubs are better off fading away like Cumberland, Glebe, Newtown, Norths and a new franchise take its place.

Look at the swans I despise the fact that as soon as the make the finals or grand finals it is always back to SMFC hell it's on the back of the jumper........are they really about Sydney
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Personally I prefer The Roosters and Manly to Souths. But I'm a Tigers fan and we've hated Souths since they double crossed us is 1909.

Shame to see Buderus' career end like that.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Off to the Dally M awards tonight should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Personally I prefer The Roosters and Manly to Souths. But I'm a Tigers fan and we've hated Souths since they double crossed us is 1909.

That is word for word exactly what my father in law says!

I was flying back to Sydney for most of the flight but the last play I heard before boarding on the radio was hat Buderus had knocked himself out on Hargraves who is a known grub, so I was a little upset. Once I saw the tackle i was fine, it was Bedsy who put his head in the wrong spot. Not the best way to go for a champion player for club, state and country.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'll be watching it and hoping for a brutal game where both teams bash each other. As a souths fan I have really gone off them this year as the burgess bros are just grubs only just above gallen (how about another brown paper bag full of cash captain peptide!) who is at the bottom of the barrel.

Relocation just needs to happen, sorry sharky but in my opinion the sharks need to go or be pushed out. Even though I follow souths they should have been relocated when they were let back in, its only really since private ownership have they taken off and that could of happened anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    I'll be watching it and hoping for a brutal game where both teams bash each other. As a souths fan I have really gone off them this year as the burgess bros are just grubs only just above gallen (how about another brown paper bag full of cash captain peptide!) who is at the bottom of the barrel.
    I hate the Burgess Brothers. When Souths played the Tigers in what was Benji Marshall's 200th game and his final game in Sydney all channel 9 wanted to do was talk Mrs Burgess and her boys. I know Benji's last year in the NRL was woeful but you can't take away what he has given the game and he atleast deserved some respect.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I hate the Burgess Brothers. When Souths played the Tigers in what was Benji Marshall's 200th game and his final game in Sydney all channel 9 wanted to do was talk Mrs Burgess and her boys. I know Benji's last year in the NRL was woeful but you can't take away what he has given the game and he atleast deserved some respect.
    That was lame, who cares about a players mum, I have no idea why there is so much focus on her.

AFL do game milestones so much better than the NRL.