Page 107 of 152 FirstFirst ... 8797102103104105106107108109110111112117127 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    AFL do every game related item so much better than the NRL.
    Fixed.

As an avid NRL supporter and only an occasional AFL watcher, it is obvious that the AFL understands and knows how to market their product far better than the NRL.

The missus just told me that Ricky Martin is the NRL grand final entertainment. I know he is on channel 9 for some show but you cannot tell me that he was the most suitable, relevant, or popular act they could get!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

That was lame, who cares about a players mum, I have no idea why there is so much focus on her.

AFL do game milestones so much better than the NRL.
    Because she raised the 4 boys on her own after their father her husband died In The mid 2000's and the fact it was the first time 4 brothers had played together in the elite nrl level in over 100 years .

Benji deserved better treatment tho especially his service to the game even if his last season was worse than sandows.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Because she raised the 4 boys on her own after their father her husband died In The mid 2000's and the fact it was the first time 4 brothers had played together in the elite nrl level in over 100 years .
    Care factor zero. Plenty of people have one parent for whatever reason. 4 Brothers in a team... hmmm interesting fact but I'd rather have a premiership anyday -Sam is the only one what I'd call a natural footballer and souths bosses need their head read if they let someone like jason clark go over luke burgess.

Care factor zero. Plenty of people have one parent for whatever reason. 4 Brothers in a team... hmmm interesting fact but I'd rather have a premiership anyday -Sam is the only one what I'd call a natural footballer and souths bosses need their head read if they let someone like jason clark go over luke burgess.
    hehe that is true but i think Sam has more to do with the burgess clan at souths then Jason Clark...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Football wise, yes. Marketing wise, no. Those Burgess boys are mighty popular! I know more than a few female colleagues and friends who have been to games and now even bought jerseys due to one or more of the brothers burgess. They are like a one direction group for the twenty plussers.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Football wise, yes. Marketing wise, no. Those Burgess boys are mighty popular! I know more than a few female colleagues and friends who have been to games and now even bought jerseys due to one or more of the brothers burgess. They are like a one direction group for the twenty plussers.
    They are a pack of thugs. Like you said Scott it is all marketing. Anyway onto the World Cup. Ricky Stuart has given me yet another reason to hate him in not letting Campo play for Italy.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I doubt I'll watch any of the "world cup". Especially not live.

Play it in Fiji/Samoa/Tonga and let the big teams then boost their economy and support the grass roots instead of going to cold boring England where the game is slowly fading.

Feel a bit sorry for Tohu Harris, he had a fantastic year for the storm and deserved his spot.

The 49ers have made the NFC Championship game for the third year in a row (being played next Monday at 10.30 am our time). It's funny how the majority of their fan base since week 1 have been saying how crap they are, can't pass, can't run the ball, can't playcall, can't play defense, the QB is garbage, our coaches are rubbish blah blah blah, and now it's "Oh, I've had total faith in this team and knew they would make it" Most of this is from one fansite - 49erswebzone.com, who I used to be a contributor for about 14 years ago. The sad thing is if they loose this game, people will be back on the hate-wagon. I've been through 10 years of non-playoff teams and have stuck with my side through thick and thin. It just pi$$es me off to see this occurring Had to get that off my chest.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The 49ers have made the NFC Championship game for the third year in a row (being played next Monday at 10.30 am our time). It's funny how the majority of their fan base since week 1 have been saying how crap they are, can't pass, can't run the ball, can't playcall, can't play defense, the QB is garbage, our coaches are rubbish blah blah blah, and now it's "Oh, I've had total faith in this team and knew they would make it" Most of this is from one fansite - 49erswebzone.com, who I used to be a contributor for about 14 years ago. The sad thing is if they loose this game, people will be back on the hate-wagon. I've been through 10 years of non-playoff teams and have stuck with my side through thick and thin. It just pi$$es me off to see this occurring Had to get that off my chest.
    Most teams have these fans. The hatred I've seen towards Benji Marshall from Tigers fans is just disgusting. They expect these men to participate at a flawless level for their entire career.

Bad luck to the 49ers today. I thought they were going to pull it off. I did have a brainwave regarding the rules today. After the interception Seattle were penalised for taunting. They lost 5-10 yards? It didn't matter the game was over. In that situation I would like to see the 49ers get the ball back. That would really penalise the Seahawks.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

There were a few crucial missed calls such as the contact on the kicker and strip by Bowman who broke his knee.