Page 10 of 152 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Certaintly not off topic Borge, soccer is a football of all sorts last time I checked sucks for that kid, hopefully he can still make it big somehow..
    oh it definately is (the true footbal really ), i just meant slightly off the current topic of conversation...

but yeah, he was trialling in portugal prior to this cup, possible links to porto there, but not sure yet

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Wallace in trouble.

Not as bad as Bird, and really not that bad at all, but it might be the kick up the bum the young fella needs.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Not as bad as Bird, and really not that bad at all, but it might be the kick up the bum the young fella needs.
    Yeah not really that bad at all, unfortunately for him he plays for the Broncos and all other stuff that has happened there recently has really made the media magnify it a lot..

On another note, teams for the AUS vs NZ match were announced:

New Zealand

Lance Hohaia, Sam Perrett, Steve Matai, Jerome Ropati, Manu Vatuvei, Benji Marshall, Thomas Leuluai, Nathan Cayless (capt), Nathan Fien, Adam Blair, Simon Mannering, Sika Manu, Jeremy Smith.
    Interchange: Dene Halatau, Greg Eastwood, Setaimata Sa, Sam Rapira.

Australia

Billy Slater, Joel Monaghan, Greg Inglis, Israel Folau, Brent Tate, Darren Lockyer (capt), Jonathan Thurston, Petero Civoniceva, Cameron Smith, Steve Price, Glenn Stewart, Anthony Laffranchi, Paul Gallen. Interchange: Brent Kite, Josh Perry, Anthony Tupou, Kurt Gidley.

We look pretty strong as you would expect, no great surprises...

NZ on the other hand, no Issac Luke or Krisnan Inu? Must be injured because you would think they would be a certainty to play..

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Who knows... Last I heard he was drunk in Cronulla getting into random peoples cars, then flew over to USA to be with the girlfriend he allegedly bashed, thus breaking the AVO she had on him... Just a stupid thug
    The dumb thing was she was happy enough to violate the AVO - the police slapped the AVO on him. Says as much about her as the scandal does about him

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Lets not get started on the Girlfriend of Bird, she has some serious issues to want to stay with a guy that glassed her in the face. The gf (who did her degree is psychology) told me the clinical name for those who stand by their abusers but I've plain forgot it.

World Cup seems to be struggling a fair bit to get enough media attention, the cricket, horse racing and all the off field stuff (Broncos, Hagan quitting etc) seems to be getting more press than the WC.

And If I was a general league fan and I scanned those two teams I'd be barracking for NZ, thats a good strong side with few wankers in it. I'll be cheering for the Aussies, purely for Price, Gidley and Civoniceva though.

Personally I hate Steve Price. He's a dirty underhanded player. I'm going for the NewZealand in the opening ceremony for 2 reasons.

1. The farce that is the Australian team. A team should be picked on form not incumbuncy (is that a word?) Prince should be halfback not Thurston in my opinion. Also I'm peeved that so many Manly players were picked but when the Tigers won in 05 they only picked Prince (and that selection felt like it was only out of obligation asthey only let him play against France)

2. The arrogance Australia develop when they get good at a sport. They need to be brought down a level.

Come on Marshall carve 'em up!!!
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

You just know this sham for a "World Cup" is gonna be such a let down...

It's pretty much a given that the Aussies will rack up a cricket score against the Kiwis on Sunday & that will just about sum up the whole tournament...

Atleast there'll be some competitive games between the 2nd/3rd-tier nations...

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post

Atleast there'll be some competitive games between the 2nd/3rd-tier nations...
    Yeah the Samoa/Tonga game should be a cracker.

Who cares about cricket scores (in all honesty as an ex-winger come 5/8 I prefer games with plenty of tries) I'm getting revved up to be swamped with a heap of League over the next fortnight... (Mind you the missus aint too thrilled)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I missed seeing the Tongan Royal Family last night

The Royal Family and the League team were in my area to open the snazzy new Tongan church and I couldn't hang around till they arrived as I had to go play broomball.

But now the Tongan Royal Family is involved in trying to get Fuifui Moimoi and Taniela Tuiaki to play for Tonga in the world cup.

Watched the International Rules game. It was actually pretty good but the care factor was pretty close to zero so hence I watched an episode of Scrubs during the 3rd quarter and just watched the last which was a nailbiter. I like the hybrid game. It'd suit Asians a lot better with the speed and agility involved (which takes out our shortness as a weakness) and the smaller field means more collisions which I'd absolutely love.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection