Page 110 of 152 FirstFirst ... 90100105106107108109110111112113114115120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Good to see Parra not switch off in their game and keep Easts to under 60!

Makes you wonder if form hold what the Roosters would put on the Warriors...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Megatran Guest

GWS beating Sydney Swans. Gold Coast Suns victorious over the Tigers. What has this world become?

Boohoo for my footy tipping.

Dammit. We (Sydney) were tripping over the ball most of the time.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    GWS beating Sydney Swans. Gold Coast Suns victorious over the Tigers. What has this world become?

Boohoo for my footy tipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Dammit. We (Sydney) were tripping over the ball most of the time.
    It was great wasn't it

Easily the best, most exciting, most rewarding game I have EVER been a part of. With only 3 wins over the last couple of years, this was just so sweet - especially against the Swans and Buddy $$$ Franklin. Was quite happy to sit in the torrential rain, lightning, and thunder and savour the victory.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It appears as though the GWS bandwagon is now rolling with 500 new members signed-on since Saturday. For the club, this is great news. What I can't stand is most of these 'newer members' making bold statements like "I am the number ONE fan of the Giants", and "I've been a fan since the beginning". It perplexes me why people need to make these statements. Do they feel as though they need to be validated or acknowledged by the fan base? Is this some form of insecurity?

I'm obviously a GWS Giants fan - was a member before they even entered the AFL back in 2011 (during the NEAFL days) and attended the first AFL Draft in Sydney which provided the building blocks for the club, but I'm not on any AFL forums, I don't tweet, I don't have Facebook, I simply attend the games. Why can't others just enjoy the game without all the metaphoric dick swinging??!

Oh well, my response to these people is quite simple. There is a wall at the Giants home stadium which displays a list of names, names of people who were Foundation Members of the club. My wife and 2 children are on the wall as am I. We have attended every Sydney / Canberra home game as well as several interstate games. We've sat through the 100+ point thrashings and endured 2 wooden spoon seasons that produced a total of 3 wins. If anyone can lay claim to being the most dedicated fan, it's US.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Glory Glory who ?!?!?!

Great effort by the Tigers especially given the quick turnaround after playing in 40 degree heat in Sunday. Read during that game Gavet lost 3 kgs. To bounce back against the Rabbits like that was awesome.

Sam Burgess can't leave league soon enough for me.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Can't tip for crap so far this year but with the Eels 2/4 I don't care

I can actually see a decent team forming in the Blue & Gold

I too am tipping terribly (1/8 first round and so far 0/5 this round).

This new concussion rule is wrecking havoc with teams, Knights round one and tigers this round had nothing left on the bench (although Tigers had other injuries as well). I can see the NRL implementing a super sub or such in coming seasons, like the old days where players could play NSW/QLD cup and reserve and first grade in the same day.

What also sucks is all the rain, as teams play differently in the rain and makes form difficult!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Really pissed off about this - One HD/Ten Drops NFL & MLB on Australian Free To Air TV In 2014

Going back a couple of years I had Foxtel, just so I could catch live games of my 49ers, however because they pretty much sucked between 2002 and 2010, I was lucky to see one game a year on Fox Sports / ESPN due the fact that they only broadcasted about 3 games a week. With the introduction of free-to-air and 3 games shown on One HD a week (including the playoffs), I got myself a digital set-top box, replaced my aerial, and planned my annual leave around the NFL schedule.

So, if you live in Australia, you basically have three choices - subscribe to NFL Gamepass which will set you back about $200, download torrents of the games you are interested in however these are generally 24 hours after the game has been played, or subscribe to Foxtel (which I won't be doing again).
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Or watch streaming for free

On another note, there's a 22 year old newcastle player who's now a quadriplegic due to lift tackle.