Page 113 of 152 FirstFirst ... 93103108109110111112113114115116117118123133 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Wow channel 9 is broadcasting the origin live tonight in Melbourne - pity Gus Gould will not doubt be in commentary.

Tigers supporters must be pissed with the news Tedesco asked Benji and Moltzen for advice before shifting to Canberra. Classic Benji!

Had so much fun wearing my QLD jersey all day at school to rile the kids up!

I know I've put my foot in it, I do expect NSW to win this year or next and the kids won't let me forget it. The fact that not a single child in my classroom has been alive for a NSW victory gives me a chuckle!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Cracking match, QLD took a long time to recover from the Cronk injury, but NSW did not punish them enough for their lax play in the first half, then threw everything at them. More than once I thought that NSW were done, but then they steeled up and kept their defence up.

Hodkinson and Reynolds went missing, Tupou and Jennings had nothing to do, but their pack was brilliant, Hayne easily man of the match and Woods the best from the pack.
    As for Queensland, they never give up. Cherry Evans took a long time to get into the groove, even at the end of the match he couldn't get a good pass off, and was tackled holding the ball too often. Matt Scott and Nate Myles were machines. In the end they were too predictable down the left edge.

Can't see QLD making changes except for injury, and the NSW players that get dropped for glasser/bird and other returning players can feel hard done by, there were no passengers and all players gave it their all. Except the Morris twins. They were awful, mere speed humps in defence and only able to hurt themselves anytime they touched the ball. I also expect Gallen to be unavailable until the next origin, we all know how much he hates to play for Cronulla, even when he is drug free and not trying to dodge the drug tests.

But a cracking match, NSW hung on to win for once, the kicking was awful and it ended up being the difference.

Refs gave all the chances to QLD for a comeback. Even a penalty at the end of the game

Havent been watching for a long, why wasn't there a video referee?

I feels like dubious ref decisions happen towards the end of every Origin but I am happy Qld did not win on the back of them. Daly partnering with JT just didn't have the mojo shared with Cronk (to be expected i guess). One of JT's poorer Origin games. I thought Beau Scott and the Morris's defended great (mostly) considering Qld kept attacking that side. Not sure why NSW left side was not challenged much, nor the NSW forwards once Qld was at their goalline. It was a cracking game tho

Game 2 Bird in for Reynolds?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Not a Origin / NRL fan (I have been to a few club games, Origins, and a GF) but I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game last night. Looking forward to game 2. Go NSW!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Cracking match, QLD took a long time to recover from the Cronk injury, but NSW did not punish them enough for their lax play in the first half, then threw everything at them. More than once I thought that NSW were done, but then they steeled up and kept their defence up.

Hodkinson and Reynolds went missing, Tupou and Jennings had nothing to do, but their pack was brilliant, Hayne easily man of the match and Woods the best from the pack.
    As for Queensland, they never give up. Cherry Evans took a long time to get into the groove, even at the end of the match he couldn't get a good pass off, and was tackled holding the ball too often. Matt Scott and Nate Myles were machines. In the end they were too predictable down the left edge.

Can't see QLD making changes except for injury, and the NSW players that get dropped for glasser/bird and other returning players can feel hard done by, there were no passengers and all players gave it their all. Except the Morris twins. They were awful, mere speed humps in defence and only able to hurt themselves anytime they touched the ball. I also expect Gallen to be unavailable until the next origin, we all know how much he hates to play for Cronulla, even when he is drug free and not trying to dodge the drug tests.

But a cracking match, NSW hung on to win for once, the kicking was awful and it ended up being the difference.
    How can you say the Morris twins were speed bumps? Josh Morris shut down Inglis very well. Later in the game injuries took there toll on them but I think they were in NSW top 5 players for the game.

Justin Hodges is a grub who should be banned from the NRL and how Papalli wasn't penalised for shoulder charging is beyond me.

Hodkinson didn't do much but at least he didn't stuff up like Mitchell Pearce.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

[QUOTE=Bartrim;417463]Justin Hodges is a grub who should be banned from the NRL and how Papalli wasn't penalised for shoulder charging is beyond me./QUOTE]

I though Gillett was worse.

I'd be happy to see Hodges gone, if we could do a 2-for-1 with Gallen, the playing field would be safer and cleaner for all.

[QUOTE=i_amtrunks;417469]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Justin Hodges is a grub who should be banned from the NRL and how Papalli wasn't penalised for shoulder charging is beyond me./QUOTE]

I'd be happy to see Hodges gone, if we could do a 2-for-1 with Gallen, the playing field would be safer and cleaner for all.
    I'll even throw in Bird and Watmough for that deal.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Wayne Bennet might be a good man manager but he record is starting to look a lot like Ricky Stuarts!

Leaves bronco's with no new players coming through
    Goes to dragons who were building well under Nathan Brown
    Players mature at dragons and they win a premiership
    Leaves the dragons with no new players coming through
    Goes to knights who were building well under Rick Stone - I think he had one season
    Buys his old mates and now looks like hes going to leave the knights with arguably the worst list in the NRL.