Page 116 of 152 FirstFirst ... 96106111112113114115116117118119120121126136 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

NSW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    NSW!!!
    +1 - ONE BIG TRY!!!

League is not Union, so good to see a game won by the team that scored a try.

Two tough as nails games, but this one was far sloppier, QLD lost it and NSW actually hung in and found a way to win, something that they have struggled with until last year, the same time they outed Stuart and brought in Farah. How he or Hoffman did not get man of the match is beyond me. My contempt and disgust of Gallen is obvious, but he was not the best on field, and the leader on the ground was obviously Farah.

Lots of walking wounded tonight too, Slater, Inglis, Cherry Evans, Hayne, Hopoate all looked far from their best (though most still had at least solid games) so I wonder how many will line up tonight or even in game 3 if the niggles persist.

Not sure what happened with Thurston and Reynolds, I don't think we will ever find out as they had reconciled at full time (a genuinely lovely gesture), but surely something was said to or by one or both, Reynolds had a reason to get nary with that sloppy elbow work to the throat, but it seemed more than that and Thurston was riled up beyond any normal comment. I know Reynolds is a niggler and crap talker up there with the best of them, but I'm hoping that nothing stupid was said. I would've been happy to see Thurston sin binned for the groat work and stupidity after, but I think no one was surprised to see third man Thiaday and glass Bird race in late to all altercations.

My only complaint about NSW winning is that Gallen and Bird got an Origin victory even though neither deserve anything other than jail time. At least ASADA will have something to strip from Gallen when he is busted sometime in the near future for all the trafficking and extra non club sanctioned work with Dank.

NSW one and done, or is this the start of a series of wins?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

My only complaint about NSW winning is that Gallen and Bird got an Origin victory even though neither deserve anything other than jail time. At least ASADA will have something to strip from Gallen when he is busted sometime in the near future for all the trafficking and extra non club sanctioned work with Dank.
    DO you have evidence of that?
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Congrats NSWers! It was a brutal series and for the last few years the cup definately could have gone either way. As a Qlder I enjoyed the post game interviews revealing the lifted burden and euphoria of some truely great players who deserve a win.

Re: Renyolds & Thurston
    The video replay did not go back far enough but a moment before Thurston got him on the ground I thought I saw Renyolds give a sort of jab or elbow to Myles or Thurston (but my Qld eyes may've deceived me). For Renyolds it got the desired reaction. When every tackle included some extra panel beating both teams managed to mostly not react.

Hayne will have to be player of the series - he had a relatively quite night but he did pop the ball from Thaiday's grasp which turned out to be crucial.

Inglis has had a great series too. I remember him being much quieter in some past years which i think can be attributed to injuries, this year he has required several defenders and several attempts to bring him down which is remarkable when you look at the calibre of opposition. Cam Smith had a great game last night.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

The Socceroos were soo close to winning last night! At 2-2 we missed a vacant net and a minute later the Netherlands scored the match winner. After matches like that i am sad that the 2-3 scoreline is all most people will see (and Cahill's goal of course!)

The Netherlands soccer match reminded me of the Hockey World Cup held last week too (ashamed i didn't post about this earlier). A recap is that the Aussie mens team (Kookaburras) beat Netherlands in the World Cup final 6-1 in Netherland

It was a terrific game and hopefully if you watch the game you could notice that the Kookaburras are playing a style of hockey that no other team is, or can compete with. Hats off to the coaching staff and players because this is groundbreaking stuff! Surely by next World Cup other teams will play with this style. To put it in perspective, the Australian team had a goal difference of 30-4 in this tournament of the worlds 8 best hockey teams! Amazing stuff thst could impact more games than just hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    DO you have evidence of that?
    Well its pretty obvious something happened - an above average first grader suddenly turns into an 80 minute player churning out massive numbers. Anyone remember Rodney Howe??

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Well its pretty obvious something happened - an above average first grader suddenly turns into an 80 minute player churning out massive numbers. Anyone remember Rodney Howe??
    It also coincides with the time that he went mostly injury free for the longest period of his career, and now afterwards his body is in worse shape than ever.

There's no doubt he went to Dank's place privately after the club told him not to, he has never denied it either.

What tipped me over the edge to believing he was guilty was when he tried to blackmail the Cronulla club by paying him out, buying him a car etc to take an early guilty plea (which was a load of crap from ASADA, and I am glad only Earl fell for the trap).

If ASADA have done their job even half correctly there will be massive club fines, and only players fines and suspensions to those like Gallen who went for private sessions.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

What I don't get is... Sure there may be evidence of doping but no-one actually tested positive.

Yeah Earl is in a bit of trouble.