Page 129 of 152 FirstFirst ... 109119124125126127128129130131132133134139149 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Anyone surprised hath at NSW lost so pitifully playing the grubby wrestling style? They moved away from what worked last time and got massacred.

Ennis was a poor choice, playing Hopoate as dummy half would've been preferable. Hopoate, Ennis, Gallen, Pearce, Hodkinson and even Dugan will be lucky to be wearing NSW jerseys based on that performance.
    Woods, Tamou, Klemmer and Scott all went for big hits and grubby ruck plays instead of dominating like in game 2.

Corey Parker showed hat he is pure class and that Klemmer and Woods have a long way to go before they even get close to his ability. The only weak link for QLD was Guerra and he even managed to score.

So NSW one and done. I don't think here will be another long QLD stretch of series victories, more a series or two each for the next few years. If NSW can get rid of Bird, Gallen and Ennis permanently and play through Farah and utilise their youth coming forward like Johnston, Moylan, Tedesco etc they will be far faster and fitter then an ageing QLD.

Better team own tonight, don't know what happened to NSW, but they were disgraceful.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Anyone surprised hath at NSW lost so pitifully playing the grubby wrestling style? They moved away from what worked last time and got massacred.

Ennis was a poor choice, playing Hopoate as dummy half would've been preferable. Hopoate, Ennis, Gallen, Pearce, Hodkinson and even Dugan will be lucky to be wearing NSW jerseys based on that performance.
    Woods, Tamou, Klemmer and Scott all went for big hits and grubby ruck plays instead of dominating like in game 2.

Corey Parker showed hat he is pure class and that Klemmer and Woods have a long way to go before they even get close to his ability. The only weak link for QLD was Guerra and he even managed to score.

So NSW one and done. I don't think here will be another long QLD stretch of series victories, more a series or two each for the next few years. If NSW can get rid of Bird, Gallen and Ennis permanently and play through Farah and utilise their youth coming forward like Johnston, Moylan, Tedesco etc they will be far faster and fitter then an ageing QLD.

Better team own tonight, don't know what happened to NSW, but they were disgraceful.
    A few dud ref calls, but the end result was the same... totally outclassed in every aspect. Well done QLD 1 in a row...

Pearce & Hodgekinson have had their chance, time to bring in Adam Reynolds

Hoppa would of been better left off the park all together....NSW concentrated to much on the mind games with Robbie Farrah and too much trying to smash QLD rather then actually playing Footy it was a dismal performance and by half time half of them didn't even look interested..

Morris didn't inject themselves enough the halves didn't get the go forward needed from the pack, Woods was terrible..

but what a difference Cronk makes to that Qld team...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

painful to watch

Megatran Guest

The Western Bulldogs ran over the Gold Coast Suns after trailing at 3 quarter time. Kicked 10 goals in the final quarter having only posted four goals in the first 3 quarters. Dare I mention finals footy at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Dare I mention finals footy at this stage of the season.
    Don't do it man, you'll jinx 'em

PS Go Giants
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The better team did win. But I think you show a bit of bias. I don't care what anyone says, Parker bit in that game, that is not a classy player. Woods this year has been a huge disappointment for me. His conditioning has wavered a lot and he is trying to copy Farah's annoying habit of making the other team spill the ball but ends up giving away stupid penalties. He still makes more metres then most in the NRL so I am still a fan. The only thing bigger then Klemmer is his hype . I was surprised that NSW went with Ennis. I would of gone with a combination of Mitch Rein and Josh Reynolds sharing the hooking duties.

The good thing about NSW copping such a flogging is that hopefully there will be a changing of the guard. Origin over the next few years should interesting as the next new crop come through.

At least as a Tigers fan I am used to seeing my team get hammered so that origin loss wasn't too hard to watch lol
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Megatran Guest

Good Doggies win over the Pies today. Not many gave us a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Don't do it man, you'll jinx 'em

PS Go Giants
    I'm calling it. FINALS FOOTY.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Good Doggies win over the Pies today. Not many gave us a chance.

I'm calling it. FINALS FOOTY.
    If they keep this up then it's fairly likely. I have my fingers crossed for you

The one thing that I would be happy not to hear about anymore is this supposed racial vilification of Adam Goodes. This is a media beat-up. I go to the footy almost every week and I'm involved with one club in particular () and this has nothing to do with him being Aboriginal and everything to do with him being a jerk on and off the field.

From my own personal experience, he was at the Cadbury Fan Day last year and walking around talking to some of his AFL mates. A group of kids, no more than 10 years old, walked over to him and asked for his autograph. He promptly told the kids to go away and that autograph signing was on at 2 PM. The kids were shattered with one running back crying to his parents. It is for this reason why I boo Adam Goodes and not the other 70 indigenous players in the league.

Don't believe everything you read.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatran Guest

I never understood the boo-ing mentality. Perhaps I'm an old dog who can't learn new tricks.