Page 132 of 152 FirstFirst ... 112122127128129130131132133134135136137142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    After a torrid year of tipping I was only one game off the perfect round that would've catapulted me from 12th to 2nd (due to everyone else having a shocker!).

The one game I missed? I tipped against my team (as I have done almost all season) the Knights!
    Welcome to the disappointing world of relying on the Tigers to win
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I got attacked on social media because I pointed out all those facts. The bandwagoners and Super Bowl watchers (you know, the people who only watch the super bowl and think they know everything about the NFL) got quite abusive calling me a hater etc.
    LOL, I know exactly what you are talking about.

A couple of years ago when the 49ers made the SB I decided to venture out to a pub instead of hosting a SB party at home (something that I have been doing since 1995). The amount of know-it-all bandwagon fans was staggering. Clearly their knowledge of the game came from playing Madden because for every offensive series all I heard was 'Go long' and 'Throw a hail mary'
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

OK, this shit is getting beyond ridiculous with the latest news.com.au Jarryd Hayne News Network headline - Jarryd Hayne compared to Michael Jordan

What coach Tomsula said was "But Jarryd Hayne in Australia is... I don’t want to say Michael Jordan, but Jarryd Hayne is a household name in Australia".

I can't believe that this is all on the back of, and I'll say it again, a 53 yd run in a practice game against a second-string defence. Imagine if he actually scored a TD on that run!!! The headlines would be 'comparing' him to God.

I think I'm just going to switch off between now and when this experiment is over.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    OK, this shit is getting beyond ridiculous with the latest news.com.au Jarryd Hayne News Network headline - Jarryd Hayne compared to Michael Jordan

What coach Tomsula said was "But Jarryd Hayne in Australia is... I don’t want to say Michael Jordan, but Jarryd Hayne is a household name in Australia".

I can't believe that this is all on the back of, and I'll say it again, a 53 yd run in a practice game against a second-string defence. Imagine if he actually scored a TD on that run!!! The headlines would be 'comparing' him to God.

I think I'm just going to switch off between now and when this experiment is over.
    not on the hayne bandwagon but it was more then just the 53 yards but it all they talk about here tho

5 carries for 63 yards (game high)
    kick returns: 1 for 33 yards
    punt returns 2 for 24 yards

blah blah blah...they just talking him up because there isn't anything else to say
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    not on the hayne bandwagon but it was more then just the 53 yards but it all they talk about here tho

5 carries for 63 yards (game high)
    kick returns: 1 for 33 yards
    punt returns 2 for 24 yards

blah blah blah...they just talking him up because there isn't anything else to say
    5 carries for 63 yds at an average of 12.6 yds per carry looks great... but when you actually look into it, 53 of those came on one carry so he only made an additional 10 yds on 4 carries at an average of 2.5 yds per attempt, waaaaay below the league average. Oh, and it was only game high due to the amount of reps he got and the fact he played behind the first-team offensive line. By the time Gaskins came into the game, he had the same amount of carries as Haynes but didn't have the run blocking benefit that someone like Bruce Miller provides.

Oh, and that kick return, again that was supreme blocking by the special teams unit. Have a watch of the game and you'll see that the first Texans player to touch Hayne was actually the player that brought him down. If he has any hope of making the 53 man roster, he has to learn to break tackles.

He's a great open field runner no doubt (even though he was chased down by the DB who was 15 yds behind him), but he has to learn how to pick up yards after contact. That's how he'll make it in the NFL.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

I received hate on facebook because while everyone was giving him so much credit all I typed was "What about credit to his O-Line for creating the hole for him to run through?" Wow didn't I cop a serve "Lets see you do better", "You're a hater!", "You getting nervous hater? He is showing his skills and I bet you are a naysayer". Wow.

I agree with all your opinions of Hayne 5FDP. One other thing I think he has to be cautious of is his fend. He could very easily find himself on the wrong end of a facemasking penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    5 carries for 63 yds at an average of 12.6 yds per carry looks great... but when you actually look into it, 53 of those came on one carry so he only made an additional 10 yds on 4 carries at an average of 2.5 yds per attempt, waaaaay below the league average. Oh, and it was only game high due to the amount of reps he got and the fact he played behind the first-team offensive line. By the time Gaskins came into the game, he had the same amount of carries as Haynes but didn't have the run blocking benefit that someone like Bruce Miller provides.

Oh, and that kick return, again that was supreme blocking by the special teams unit. Have a watch of the game and you'll see that the first Texans player to touch Hayne was actually the player that brought him down. If he has any hope of making the 53 man roster, he has to learn to break tackles.

He's a great open field runner no doubt (even though he was chased down by the DB who was 15 yds behind him), but he has to learn how to pick up yards after contact. That's how he'll make it in the NFL.
    All Very True, and probably not to NFL standard on regular game day either.. but not a bad effort for his first game.. even rookies have years of college footy under their helmets..

I just enjoy the circus... and go back to watching what games when I can
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I honestly thought 5FDP would like Hayne being at the 49ers. I bet if he makes the final cut, San Francisco will get probably every second game shown on TV. Plus think of how much 49ers merchandise will be available. It will be everywhere.

I honestly thought 5FDP would like Hayne being at the 49ers. I bet if he makes the final cut, San Francisco will get probably every second game shown on TV. Plus think of how much 49ers merchandise will be available. It will be everywhere.
    The Hayne 38 jersey is already on sale

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him make it, specifically for the reasons you mentioned and the increased chance that a 49ers preseason game might be played in Oz, it's the media / bandwagon element that I can't stand. I guess it's all about taking the good with the bad. 20 years from now, I'll still be a 9ers fan just like I was 20 years ago.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks