Page 136 of 152 FirstFirst ... 116126131132133134135136137138139140141146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Not happy with Maloney getting off for his kick. Sure it was reactionary, but stupidity should be punished, and it is not like he isn't known for doing dumb things (like removing and throwing away shoes). Rub him out for 6 weeks, with Pearce and Warea-Hargraves out, the Roosters might be closer to the real salary cap anyway!

How Evans got a grade 1 charge for hitting someone in the head with a football and Burgess got a grade two (loading exists too, I know) for throwing a water bottle in the general direction of a player stumps me too. Both should be missing two weeks for stupidity.

The Knights Panther kerfuffle should have seen more charges than it did, Mansour made his biggest run all year to get involved in some purse slapping and the two players that started it all should also get a week for being idiots. what a terrible look for the game and the poor Kitty Kat cheerleaders who were visibly (and rightfully) upset and distressed by it.

I was at the Penrith vs. Knights game and I wish the Knights had no-one but Mamo on their books next year, they were deplorable and I do not like our chances for the next couple of years. Brown could be a coaching god but that won't save him from the gutless and talent-less has beens he has on the books next year. Adding the mentally weak Hodkinson will not be of any help. When Newton is one of your only gun forwards, and he has just retired, you know you've got problems.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    How Evans got a grade 1 charge for hitting someone in the head with a football and Burgess got a grade two (loading exists too, I know) for throwing a water bottle in the general direction of a player stumps me too. Both should be missing two weeks for stupidity.
    I can kind of understand Evans, he had thrown the ball at player down injured being treated by the trainer.. that is pretty poor form (even if the player was not really injured) but two weeks for burgess tossing a bottle in his direction.. stupid yeas but hardly worth time off..

both should of been fines for contrary conduct

I really wish they would use the sin bin more... 5 minutes 10 minutes that brawl really could of benefitted from it especially third of fifth man running in from the other side of the field...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    I really wish they would use the sin bin more... 5 minutes 10 minutes that brawl really could of benefitted from it especially third of fifth man running in from the other side of the field...
    Funny thing is, every fan says the exact same thing, the players and coaches and football writers discuss it often but the NRL wants to pretend it isn't an option.

Personally I like the 5 minute bin, but I would also support an Ice Hockey style 10 minute bin, but players can return immediately if the opposition score. 4-6 points is a fitting punishment for a team who perform a professional foul or repeated infringements.

Megatran Guest

(AFL) Footy season over for another year.....

Never thought I'd say this but - GO THE RAMS (even though they're in the same division as us and now we're one game behind)!!

49ers back in black tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    (AFL) Footy season over for another year.....
    You gotta be happy with the way they went this year though. The future looks bright for the Doggies. I'm rooting for the Crows for the rest of the finals.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Gameday
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Gameday
    Jarryd Hayne versus which team?

(only kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Jarryd Hayne versus which team?

(only kidding)
    HA, not quite. Reality is starting to set in for a few people 49er fans are calling for his head over on the international forums. Hopefully he can bounce back from this because I do actually want to see him make it.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Seriously giving up on the match tribunal in the NRL. They really are a toss of the coin as to what they will punish and how.

How Burgess gets two weeks when Pritchard gets none and Kasiano not called in at all?

I do appreciate that there are no AFL games in Melbourne this week and only one NRL game in Sydney. Good times!

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I do appreciate that there are no AFL games in Melbourne this week and only one NRL game in Sydney. Good times!
    Don't think the AFL would ever allow that to happen. Hawks hosting the Crows.