Page 143 of 152 FirstFirst ... 123133138139140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ... another step closer.
    I'm barely recovered this morning. I'm so utterly stoked that the team I've supported faithfully for virtually my whole life is in the first Grand Final they've played in in 55 years. To put that in perspective, when we were last in a GF, The Beatles had played their first ever gig 7 months earlier, and my father was 18 years old.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    The Storm? A team who was systematically cheating the system for years and stripped of multiple titles! Yeah that is a much better team to follow
    Better than drug cheats and grubs, but still not a great option, I'll grant that.

More annoyed with the Sydney media and their ease of forgiveness because a terrible team makes the grand final, if Parramatta were to make it next year, all their indiscretions will be forgotten too.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Better than drug cheats and grubs, but still not a great option, I'll grant that.

More annoyed with the Sydney media and their ease of forgiveness because a terrible team makes the grand final, if Parramatta were to make it next year, all their indiscretions will be forgotten too.
    Irrespective of whether or not they were drug cheats a couple years back (I know they took pleas but I'm not getting into that) there is no way you could say that the current team, most of whom were not around during the scandal, are drug cheats. Further, are people not entitled to forgiveness if they turn things around?

There is no evidence that Cronulla is currently cheating and all your comments do is detract from a great season and belittle the team's efforts. Fans have been waiting 50 years for a premiership. The team has put in a top effort all season at least respect that. Or in your books are they drug cheats for the rest of history?

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'm barely recovered this morning. I'm so utterly stoked that the team I've supported faithfully for virtually my whole life is in the first Grand Final they've played in in 55 years. To put that in perspective, when we were last in a GF, The Beatles had played their first ever gig 7 months earlier, and my father was 18 years old.
    I was cheering for GWS but the better team in the night won and it is great for the faithful fans that you guys have made it. As a sharks supporter I feel your excitement! Will be a cracker weekend next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Irrespective of whether or not they were drug cheats a couple years back (I know they took pleas but I'm not getting into that) there is no way you could say that the current team, most of whom were not around during the scandal, are drug cheats. Further, are people not entitled to forgiveness if they turn things around?

There is no evidence that Cronulla is currently cheating and all your comments do is detract from a great season and belittle the team's efforts. Fans have been waiting 50 years for a premiership. The team has put in a top effort all season at least respect that. Or in your books are they drug cheats for the rest of history?
    As long as Flanagan and Gallen are there, yes, yes they are.

Other players such Fafita and Ennis have had more chances than they deserve yet continue to thumb their noses and privileges at both fans and their opposition and don't deserve a premiership.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'm sorry, who are you to decide who does and doesn't deserve a premiership. At some point in time every team has been embroiled in some form of controversy. By your logic every team would never deserve a premiership.

In any event I'm not going to respond anymore other than to say they deserve to be in the final and, along with a LOT of people, will be cheering for them to win.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'm so utterly stoked that the team I've supported faithfully for virtually my whole life is in the first Grand Final they've played in in 55 years.
    That makes the 2 of us. *double fist pump & high fives*

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I'm sorry, who are you to decide who does and doesn't deserve a premiership. At some point in time every team has been embroiled in some form of controversy. By your logic every team would never deserve a premiership.

In any event I'm not going to respond anymore other than to say they deserve to be in the final and, along with a LOT of people, will be cheering for them to win.
    This ^
    Every team has had controversy. Melb rorted the game and fans over years so if anyone is not deserving it is them.
    Parra and the Dogs have had salary caps
    Rooster had a dog controversy
    Plenty of drug, rape and assault drama with multiple clubs
    Newcastle even had a drug dealer go to jail !

I am not a Sharks fan but I will be cheering them to smash the storm
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Go Footscray !
    Dapto Dog for 2017

May Footscray triumph over the Sydney COLA cheats.