Page 20 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Here's an interesting thing that just happened. A customer came into work and while purchasing her goods she saw our company tipping comp info on the wall. She then asked if anyone was backing the Knights this week. My bro and I both said no because we are Tigers fans. She said she has to pick the Knights because her son is Matt Hilder.

Just an interesting little run in I thought you guys would like to hear about.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    She said she has to pick the Knights because her son is Matt Hilder.
    There are few reasons as to why you have to pick a team week in week out, but that is certainly one of them.

I'm backing the Knights, but not with confidence, this is another crappy round to tip, as it all depends on what version of the teams rock up, will we get the 40 minute or 80 minute roosters? Will St George get their annual early wobbles? Will Manly revert to their pre-Stewart form?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I think all the upsets are my fault. Seems whoever I tip loses. I haven't got more than 3 per week on any code.

Picked Sydney as they are playing the Dockers, as anyone would, actually you'd tip whoever was playing the Dockers. Just switched over from the cricket on One and saw the 1st quarter score and highlights ... wtf ...

I would of had a perfect round of tipping in the NRL so far if it wasn't for Stacey Jones hitting the upright then knocking on

Friggin Tigers/Knights game aged me by about 20 years yesterday too

Friggin Tigers/Knights game aged me by about 20 years yesterday too
    It aged you??? I was at Campbelltown to watch the refs destroy the game live. I must say I was impressed, 18,000 in cold weather, and a good third would have been Knights supporters.

While the reffing was a square-up in the second half, (lots of crowd penalties) the Tigers should not have needed to score in the last 2 minutes to take the lead, that Tuiaki try was denied, even though it was a dead certain try. And that final pass was not forward, the one about 3 earlier than it, was.

Knights are goooone, they have over half their squad out injured, Brisbane will blow them out of the park next week. Tigers played terribly for 50 minutes, but then Benji fired up, Farrah was motm for me though, he made the Knights defense look very silly.

I was heading towards a good week too Bobby, Jones stuffed me up, then the Knights didn't help, so now it's just an okay week.

I thought you would of been there. My brother and I thought about going but it was too cold.

Yeah it aged me. I was just waiting for them to lose the game. I was fuming when Tuiaki's try was denied. Benji's last 25minutes really impressed. Just hope we can hold onto this form and not play so hot and cold.

I agree the reffing was shocking. The NRL really needs to do something about that.

I agree the reffing was shocking. The NRL really needs to do something about that.
    Getting them castrated so their incompetence cannot be genetically passed down to them, or taught to them by their fathers would be a good start... hang on, that would mean that women would want to bed a ref... my error.

The game wasn't totally ruined by the reffing, but it is getting to the point where in every close match you wonder what official will blunder and directly affect the outcome with an erroneous decision. What really got my goat yesterday was the lack of consistency in the calls.

Titans panthers should be a good game, a depleted Titans should be an equal match for a full strength panthers and Penrith Stadium. Won't be heading out there, too bloody cold.

Quote Originally Posted by mangis View Post
    I think all the upsets are my fault. Seems whoever I tip loses. I haven't got more than 3 per week on any code.

Picked Sydney as they are playing the Dockers, as anyone would, actually you'd tip whoever was playing the Dockers. Just switched over from the cricket on One and saw the 1st quarter score and highlights ... wtf ...
    Another bloody woeful week for me.

Richmond, Freo and Essendon all came out on top.

I was going to tip Carlton but b/c I enter my tips at the top of the week just in case I forget I forgot to change it. Gah. Wins are hard enough to come by these days and I'm already 4 from the lead in my comp.

That aside, love Collingwood getting beaten. Even if it was at the hands of the Bombers.

Geelong are fearsome. Clearly the best side of the past 3 years. They deserve more than the 1 Premiership they've got. Wet weather football + nasty winds and they trashed Brisbane like it was fine 23 degree afternoon. And I can only say that Ablett is without doubt the best player in the AFL at the moment. I kept doubting it b/c of Judd but he's a step above Judd now. A long way. He deserves a Brownlow forsure but with the wieght of expectation I don't know if he'll ever win one since it'll take a lot to impress umpires when he does it so often every week
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Can someone explain to me how Michael Ennis outplayed Robbie Farah like how all the press claimed he did?

Can someone explain to me how Michael Ennis outplayed Robbie Farah like how all the press claimed he did?
    I think all the Bulldogs fans in the media (there are a lot of them) are just happy to be writing about a club on the up, and who are playing well rather than Willie Mason and his gang of thugs of yesteryear.

Bulldogs are the Souths of the late 00's, the feelgood story type team.