Page 24 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    And FWIW, Tongue is a much better captain - he's not the most talented bloke but at least he's honest (and I can't name a Raider who put more heart into his team and his own game since Lozza).
    Tongue, Price and Civonoceva are the three captains that bleed for their team, and would be the first three names I would use if suggesting to young players on which to model their behaviour and decorum. Players like these three, Menzies, Buderus, Campbell and Webke are the ones who suffer the most from the behaviour of the idiots in the game.

(notice anything about all of these players named? All older statesmen)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Joel Monaghan in for Jennings? Hmmm, I know I suggested him in an earlier post, but I was able to see both the Morris boys play for their respective clubs the other week, and was really impressed, they will be NSW players in the future no doubt. Big, strong and most importantly fast, I would love to see them both playing for NSW, but yeah what are you gonna do...

On the AFL side of things, my club (Kangaroos) just lost our coach, and fingers crossed we get either Buckley, Longmire or King, whom I don't think is really looking for a senior coaching position but being a former Kangaroos player would have that shinboner spirit that us Kangas love haha

North Melbourne-bot...?

hopefully kangas take bucks, means he wont go to richmond, cause i dont want him :P

Why not? You want Rawlings full time? haha what a hack

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Why not? You want Rawlings full time? haha what a hack
    im thinking leigh mathews
    but that will never happen
    also james hird is an option
    once again, never happen

we need a whole new football club come to think of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    im thinking leigh mathews
    but that will never happen
    also james hird is an option
    once again, never happen

we need a whole new football club come to think of it :P
    Haha your club and mine could both use a massive makeover haha

North Melbourne-bot...?

4 Years of QLD dominance!

This years games have been messy, horrible games, and ANZ should be stricken from hosting NRl and representative games until the grounds can be brought up to scratch, the grounds last night were terrible, and dangerous to the players.

NSW should have won last night, the refs were calling things in their favour (while I personally believe that Hayne would have scored his 2nd try no matter what, rulings from earlier in the year should have meant it was denied for the player taking out the defenders), plus in the 2nd half NSW were absolutely dominating, but did not have any players who are well known for scoring, plenty of their players can setup tries, but none can score them.

Hayne was their best again, but only in broken play, Lyon needs to be dropped, he kept running to the sideline, then giving Williams the ball with nowhere to go but out. Wallace and Barett did nothing, and really stuffed up in the first half by trying to be clever 10metres from their line, and they paid the price for it. How NSW did not win by 20 with QLD dead on their feet at the 55 minute mark is beyond me.

And Barrett should have been sin-binned and should be gone for at least 6 weeks after that king hit (that is what it was, a swinging fisted hand from behind a player), its nice to see the only thing Barrett has learned at Cronulla is how to be a thug from two of the best in the business: Gallen and Stuart.

I think NSW would have won the game, except for one moment of inspirational brilliance from Price. That chargedown turned the game and lifted his teammates.

Wholesale changes for NSW, need new halves, centres and Farrah is on his last chance, Gidley was more dangerous from dummy-half, and had Wing and Lewis been fit, they would have dominated. I like Farrah, but he has been ineffective in origin, when he is normally so dominant in club footy. Using Morris as a bench player was stupid, NSW selections as a whole this series have been ridiculous.

Another gutsy QLD victory when they had no real right to win, not a pretty game or victry, but we'll take it!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Are you originally from QLD Trunks?

Wolfman was shown to be way out of his depth, 2 hugely costly fumbles that lead to QLD scoring, and then kicking on the first at one stage? He should've just taken the tackle, just needed a bit more composure but he's still one of my favs. Kite has gotta go, Morris on the bench was just stupid, Lyon is massively overrated, Wallace is nothing without Lockyer, Hayne is a freak. NSW could really use Brett Stewart at full back, freeing up Gidley to dummy-half, but yeah he's injured so what can you do.

Loved seeing a bit of a biff, and Barret is a dog for that hit on GI

NSW should've won in that last 20 min period but just couldn't get the scores on the board, but like you said Trunks, plenty of players who can set up tries but not many who can score, where someone like B Stewart is so handy.

North Melbourne-bot...?

Farah is only good if his forwards are either gaining metres or getting quick play the balls. Neither of which the lack luster NSW forwards managed to do last night.

Might as well throw John Morris into origin. At least you know he's going to have a go.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

NSW have to start the game hot - they've been asleep for the first 20 minutes of both games 1 and 2 and are constantly playing catchup rather than being competitive from the get go. They play well in the 2nd half whereas QLD seem tired and thats where they are able to strike but because they are already behind, any gains they make are negated. And David Williams had a shocker of a game last night. The selectors are just lost with the team. There's no consistency in the squad like QLD does and the players just don't seem to know what each are doing. I anticipate QLD winning again next year.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky