Page 25 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    4 Years of QLD dominance!

This years games have been messy, horrible games, and ANZ should be stricken from hosting NRl and representative games until the grounds can be brought up to scratch, the grounds last night were terrible, and dangerous to the players.

NSW should have won last night, the refs were calling things in their favour (while I personally believe that Hayne would have scored his 2nd try no matter what, rulings from earlier in the year should have meant it was denied for the player taking out the defenders), plus in the 2nd half NSW were absolutely dominating, but did not have any players who are well known for scoring, plenty of their players can setup tries, but none can score them.

Hayne was their best again, but only in broken play, Lyon needs to be dropped, he kept running to the sideline, then giving Williams the ball with nowhere to go but out. Wallace and Barett did nothing, and really stuffed up in the first half by trying to be clever 10metres from their line, and they paid the price for it. How NSW did not win by 20 with QLD dead on their feet at the 55 minute mark is beyond me.

And Barrett should have been sin-binned and should be gone for at least 6 weeks after that king hit (that is what it was, a swinging fisted hand from behind a player), its nice to see the only thing Barrett has learned at Cronulla is how to be a thug from two of the best in the business: Gallen and Stuart.

I think NSW would have won the game, except for one moment of inspirational brilliance from Price. That chargedown turned the game and lifted his teammates.

Wholesale changes for NSW, need new halves, centres and Farrah is on his last chance, Gidley was more dangerous from dummy-half, and had Wing and Lewis been fit, they would have dominated. I like Farrah, but he has been ineffective in origin, when he is normally so dominant in club footy. Using Morris as a bench player was stupid, NSW selections as a whole this series have been ridiculous.

Another gutsy QLD victory when they had no real right to win, not a pretty game or victry, but we'll take it!
    Yes ANZ stadium has to sop having so many games so close together (I was at the match) during this week last Friday they had Bulldogs VS Penrith, Saturday nite Swans VS Collingwood & then the origin

I found Hayne to be one of the best on the park it's a shame that his team mates esp Wallace weren't the same, he should have been hooked at 1/2 time his kicking game was terrible and that's just a starters, I'm a NSW fan but I knew we wouldn't win, NSW were kinda playing like my team Parramatta, relying on some Hayne magic to score. Then when they had qld on their feet they decide to panic and go for the risky plays. Our totally horrible ball handling in that first 20 or so killed us. If they want to stop a whitewash they have to get rid of players like Kite (he was useless), Wallace & Lyon, as said above what about the Morris twins and other players like them, also he may be getting old but one of the best 1/2 back's this year has been Brett Kimorley yet they don't want to choose him. Actually thinking about it, they should have a Hindmarsh out there, he is the kind of player like a Price who keeps going and going and makes those inspirational plays, or chases a player down and stops them from scoring. Oh well we know the selectors are stupid and won't do anything positive

Finally NSW wins and Price gets what he deserves
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Lol I know about time

Cannot believe Waterhouse did that, coming in with a king hit while there was a 1-on-1 fight in process. His excuse of "trying to break it up" is laughable, never seen someone elbow someone in the back of the head to break up a fight before. If that happened in an ordinary game of league, hed be gone for 6 (or more) weeks, but since it is origin, he'll get away with only a week or so.

NSW played really well, White, Creagh, Watmough in particular, had Farrah been given that kind of forward pack to work with in games 1 and 2, he would have torn QLD apart, Ennis was terrible, and had to be replaced 25 minutes in because his foul play would have started giving away penalties.

Reffing was terrible again, I personally feel that the penalty try was fine to be given, but by the rules of the game it should not have been. When refs blunder that big (they are after all paid to be professional full time referees) they should be docked all their pay (donate it to a charity) and be dropped to a lower grade for a few weeks. They lost control of the game in the 5th minute with the high shot that didnt even go on report, then allowing players to lay all over the play the ball area, and letting the markers stand wherever the hell they wanted.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Cannot believe Waterhouse did that, coming in with a king hit while there was a 1-on-1 fight in process. His excuse of "trying to break it up" is laughable, never seen someone elbow someone in the back of the head to break up a fight before.
    Come on Scott I know your a maroon supporter but you can see on several replays the punch from Brett White that knocks Price out. Waterhouse just crash tackled Price. The only way he would of elbowed Price was if they landed akwardly. Waterhouse got sent off for escalating the situation.

If anyone got away with anything it was that grub Hodges and his swinging arm on Gidley after Cam Smiths bomb.

Of course I'm incredibly biased as well towards NSW but either way an elbow to the back of the head will generally break up a fight because not too many people will keep fighting after coping one of those

but either way an elbow to the back of the head will generally break up a fight because not too many people will keep fighting after coping one of those
    Thats the kind of crap that never need rear its head in a football game, or elsewhere, if Waterhouse really wanted to break up the fight, jumping on someones head is not the way to do it. When it is one on one, let them duke it out and deal with the consequences when they end it.
    It was a low act, lower than Barrett swinging his arms around peoples necks, and far worse than Thurstons kick which did far more damage than it first appeared to.

If Waterhouse was a Sharks player I'd understand his behavior, Stuart trains his teams to be thugs, not footballers. Barrett laughing while Price was prone on the ground shows the calibre of the player.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXPfsbeTVyY

:05 Price knees White in the head. Uncalled for

:37 White connects on the left side of Price's head knocking him out. 2 seconds later Waterhouse tackles price. The left arm goes around Price's sternum. The right arm hits Price's shoulder and slides up as an unconcious Price drops to the ground.

Thankfully Waterhouse got acquitted last night. Rightfully so.

Woo Ho! Perfect week in the tipping comp at work

Karmichael Hunt to play for the Gold Coast AFL team? Haha I can't wait to see that, to be honest I think he will adapt pretty well, won't win a brownlow or anything but he is plenty athletic enough and should be able to adapt seeing as he has played as junior, I have heard anyway...

North Melbourne-bot...?

I can't picture it to be honest. What was he thinking when he signed on?? League to union I can see, but league to AFL? I wonder what his price was?
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky