Page 31 of 152 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132333435364151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Perth Glory bottles a penalty shootout against ten man Wellington and Manchester United lose 3-1 at Everton. And my friend points out that Fremantle also won in the NAB Cup this week.

Worst sporting weekend ever.

Melbourne Victory Beat Sydney 2-1, Arsenal win 2-0 good week for me lolz

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Perth Glory bottles a penalty shootout against ten man Wellington and Manchester United lose 3-1 at Everton. And my friend points out that Fremantle also won in the NAB Cup this week.

Worst sporting weekend ever.
    The Best Sporting Week for the year for me!!

Now just waiting for NZ to beat Australia in the T20 and Hadlee-Chappel Cup and that will make the year!

You worried about the Tigers season yet Bartrim? benji did hobble off.

Penrith have bought well, they might be a top four contender if they can stay fit. I'm hoping Parramatta and the Dragons have big flop years...

And Easts to claim the spoon again, Brian Smith deserves it every year.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    You worried about the Tigers season yet Bartrim? benji did hobble off.

Penrith have bought well, they might be a top four contender if they can stay fit. I'm hoping Parramatta and the Dragons have big flop years...

And Easts to claim the spoon again, Brian Smith deserves it every year.
    No Benji will be fine for round 1. The only thing I'm concerned about is how rusty the Tigers were on the weekend. Also I'm scared Moltzen might start to believe the press about him and think he's a superstar. You worried about Gidley? Or Stone's idea to play him at 6?

I'd love to see Parra and the Dragons flop. Although I do get a laugh every year watching the Dragons choke at finals time.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Willie Mason to lift the trophy at the seasons end?

It'll be wooden, with a rounded depression at one end.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    You worried about Gidley? Or Stone's idea to play him at 6?
    Not worried about Gidley, the guy never stays injured for long, he's made out of Play-doh or something.
    I'd only be worried if he was permanently moved to 6, he needs to be given the license to roam. It will hurt his Origin chances, he'll probably have to start on the bench in a utility role.

Saw the pics of Penrith's Lachlan Coote yesterday, he's put on 10 kilos, and now stands half a chance to not get run over the top of. Last year he could only take on Preston Campbell!

And Dirge, you may not be far wrong, Cowboys are missing a good halves partner for Thurston.

Saw the pics of Penrith's Lachlan Coote yesterday, he's put on 10 kilos, and now stands half a chance to not get run over the top of. Last year he could only take on Preston Campbell!

And Dirge, you may not be far wrong, Cowboys are missing a good halves partner for Thurston.
    Grant Rovelli will play at 6 for NQLD. I had a look at the NRL jerseys for this year and it's good to see Penrith have gone for another lovely shade of Teal for their change strip. (honestly I would like to slap some of the people that design these jerseys)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Grant Rovelli will play at 6 for NQLD. I had a look at the NRL jerseys for this year and it's good to see Penrith have gone for another lovely shade of Teal for their change strip. (honestly I would like to slap some of the people that design these jerseys)
    I'll never understand using white as a main colour (except for Nth Q, anything to bring the players temps up there is worth it.) Penrith have a really horrible away strip, personally I think they should have stuck with the Pink away strip and made a year-long breast cancer funding awareness program.

Cronulla should be an interesting team to watch, another team I'd love to see fail, but they should be much better than last season. Souths should make top 6 with their team.

Er... read my fine print

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister