Page 39 of 152 FirstFirst ... 192934353637383940414243444959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

I thought they did alright, especially after they were down to 10 men.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Australia were okay, but I cannot believe the Ghanians got away with that studs up tackle from behind.

Refs are at least being consistent, Kaka's second yellow card was disgustingly wrong, and the Brazilian's second goal included two intentional handballs.

And go the Kiwi's, they have half a chance to progress to the next stage, and good on them for it. They know their strengths and play to them, unlike us Aussies who hire coaches based on their names, rather than their fit for our team.

My favourite world cup related headline thus far comes from the NY Post after the USA v England game: "USA Wins 1-1".
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

What a friggin heart attack of a game yesterday by the Tigers. Good to see my man Fitzy score a try (what a cracker too) and good on Heighngton threatening the selectors. What is it with S.O.O selectors ignoring Wests Tigers?????
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Serious question for all those soccer fans out there - why in the hell are they always taking dives and clutching their leg (as if it broke in 5 different places) instead of playing the game and being known for their skills with the ball?

I saw one highlight from the World Cup the other night and one guy went down like a sack of spuds. There wasn't even anyone remotely close to where he was

I know they're different sports, but I'd love to see one of these guys play a full contact sport like NRL or AFL. They wouldn't last two seconds.

It's for this very reason soccer doesn't interest me.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Serious question for all those soccer fans out there - why in the hell are they always taking dives and clutching their leg (as if it broke in 5 different places) instead of playing the game and being known for their skills with the ball?

I saw one highlight from the World Cup the other night and one guy went down like a sack of spuds. There wasn't even anyone remotely close to where he was

I know they're different sports, but I'd love to see one of these guys play a full contact sport like NRL or AFL. They wouldn't last two seconds.

+1

I dislike it because they act just as much as they play soccer (yes I call it soccer )

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

this annoys me aswell, i played the game for 18 odd years, at all sorts of levels and to watch the elite players diving to milk a penalty is such a disapointment... i can tell you tho if i hit a guy and he rolled around like that he wouldnt be bouncing up as soon as the whistle blew....

its no wonder the game gets a reputation that it is played by a bunch of fairies...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    its no wonder the game gets a reputation that it is played by a bunch of fairies...
    AGREED, i couldnt believe how much milking the italians did, they came accross as pansies. I can see why they do it but F&%* sake, get up your dad is watching

Hunting: Alternators, Binaltechs. Loose or Boxed
    Hunting: Bravestar figure 'Thunderstick'
    Collection:My Collection

KOREA FAIL. Even a non-racist ref would not have saved you. They need to make it up to us by producing some more retro-toys

Uruguay deserved that win.

Maroonwash anyone?

That's what NSW get for picking Cronulla thugs (Gallen, Snowden, Bird) and scaredy cat Ennis, who likes to throw punches at unaware opponents then hide behind his team mates...

And in the round ball game, I'm surprised Spain are favourites, considering how little good football they have played, The Dutch deserved to win against the Uruguayans, but cant really see them beating Germany either.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Maroonwash anyone?

That's what NSW get for picking Cronulla thugs (Gallen, Snowden, Bird) and scaredy cat Ennis, who likes to throw punches at unaware opponents then hide behind his team mates...

And in the round ball game, I'm surprised Spain are favourites, considering how little good football they have played, The Dutch deserved to win against the Uruguayans, but cant really see them beating Germany either.
    ennis i will give you watmough is worse then gallen bird plays for the titans...... and snowden well compared to thiady thurston and shillington he is the pope....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy