Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

true, but all of the sydney media dont watch parra and penrith like hawks and scrutinize everything they do haha...

to be honest, cam's tackle was very crude, there's no denying it, but the fact that it was only the 3rd tackle this year sighted (of which 2 have been cam, either a repeat offender, or just watched a lot more closely), and in the finals, just annoys me so much.. ive seen a a lot worse go unpunished, if the NRL were consistent with it all year then so be it, but at this time of the year for 2 weeks.. arrrrrr..

oh well, we are more than a 1 man team, and lets show em that

Consistency and good umpiring are two things the NRL has never had, and while Finchy is in control, will never have.

Having 2 umpires may help with the 10metre offside rule, since it changes from 6m-8m-12m each game, but it will also lead to more indecisiveness and more video ref wasting time (if that is even possible). Refs are too scared to make mistakes on tries, but seem to not care about getting every other call wrong with infringements.

The NRL could also save a tonne of money by getting rid of the Touch Judges, those morons who failed kindergarten are as useless as an underwater shower.

Easts have been grappling worse than any other team this year, but because Politis has such sway nothing gets mentioned about them, the focus is only on Melbourne who are the best at the technique, and sure they deserve to be penalised for it, but so too do the other 15 clubs that all practice the grapple and chicken wing tackles. </rant>

My team came in 9th this year, and that's about all they deserved. Buying a tonne of ex St George players gets you failure, after all thats what St George are good at.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Ah, I found an online flashgame you league fans might like to have a go at when no one's watching...

http://www.smashometer.com/ (make sure you mute it )

i thoroughly enjoyed smashing gallen several times.. when it first loaded up, i thought you played as wiki and knocked other players down haha.. he is a monster

Big game tonight, heading over to a mates to watch it. Carn on the Storm.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Take that NSWRL!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

not the cleanest game i've ever seen from the storm, but easily accounted for the sharks even without cam smith.. will have to improve by next week against either manly or NZ, which we should be able to do now we will know all week that cam isn't playing.. cronulla's lack of scoring ability really let them down, hardly pressured the storms line at all..

and yes, take that NSW RL haha.. what would be even funnier is if NZ got in, melbourne vs NZ in sydney, haha.. to be honest i'd probably rather play manly though..

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    and yes, take that NSW RL haha.. what would be even funnier is if NZ got in, melbourne vs NZ in sydney, haha.. to be honest i'd probably rather play manly though..
    Personally I'd love to see a Warriors Melbourne Final. But I think Manly will probably win tonight.

Cannot mention how happy I am that Melbourne slaughtered Cronulla last night, although I expect if Manly win there will be massive media attention in NSW given to any tiny incident the Storm players were involved in during the game against the sharks to sway the judiciary as much as possible.

Glad to see Kimmorley go out the loser he is, to a club that will struggle again next year. I doubt we will see a Sharks team win a grand final in our lifetime. Drop them from the comp and re-establish them on the Central Coast. A fresh start is what they need.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Drop them from the comp and re-establish them on the Central Coast. A fresh start is what they need.
    Or they could resurrect the Jets...

I'm sorry about the double post but I'm sure you Storm guys had heard about their recent $50,000 fine

Wow! Even if you think these things, You're not actually supposed to say them out aloud... *shakes head*