Page 44 of 152 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445464748495464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

It's strange, because the Roosters are one of the worst supported teams (in terms of actual members), and yet it seems the NRL is pushing to give them the premiership as opposed to St George who have a great number of members (not the top, but up there).
    Anecdotal evidence backs this up, there are no Roosters supporters, but St George supporters are everywhere and turn up week in week out through good and bad.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    It's strange, because the Roosters are one of the worst supported teams (in terms of actual members), and yet it seems the NRL is pushing to give them the premiership as opposed to St George who have a great number of members (not the top, but up there).
    Anecdotal evidence backs this up, there are no Roosters supporters, but St George supporters are everywhere and turn up week in week out through good and bad.
    you notice it at away games as roosters supporters do not travel..

i have season seats at shark park.. this year we hosted just about every interstate teams we could titans, melbourne, new zealand, brisbane, nth qld, canberra even newcastle

it really effects your crowd averages when these teams come and you dont get there supporter base, when the rooster came to play it was almost like an interstate teams.. a pocket of supporters not more then 100...stgeorge this year at home i think out numbered sharks supporters... i love local derby day
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    you notice it at away games as roosters supporters do not travel...
    They usually do not support at home either. They've improved in the past few years, but still have shocking home support.

I'm a Knights supporter and I remember a prelim final in 2000 played at the SFS where they got over 30,000 people through the gates, and the crowd was mainly Knights supporters (there was a road train of buses coming down the F3), bar the members area and about 2 bays.

OMG I feel so sorry for the Titans. Maybe they weren't the best team on the field but geez they got some harsh calls. The "late hit" on Carney by Prince then Anasta deliberately laying down so the video ref would look at it. I would of penalised Anasta on the spot and going by the new law brought in by Gallens wink a couple of years ago the prat would of been suspended and missed the grand final.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Sorry to disturb the rugby talk but

GO THE PIES!!!

that is all....
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Sorry to disturb the rugby talk but

GO THE PIES!!!

that is all....
    Only AFL would have such a stupid rule to not have extra time, well here comes more money for the AFL!

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Only AFL would have such a stupid rule to not have extra time, well here comes more money for the AFL!
    15 Million extra according to the AFL CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Thats ok. They are only 30 years behind rugby league.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

what a stupid system.. a great game of afl my butt.. if it was great.. there would be a result... i would feel ripped off....

if they dont want to play extra time award the game to the team that kicked the most goals... (st killda kicked 10 to collingwoods 9)

so really collingwood missed the most and really dont deserve the chance to win..
    stupid stupid system
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I wonder if those who had tickets to the first week of the AFL GF get first dibs at tickets to week two of the GF?

Roosters were not helped as much by the refs this week, but they got all the calls their way, and have been extremely fortunate during the finals that the refs have decided to ignore their late shots, unsquare markers and players being inside the ten every tackle. They were the better team last night, but should have never gotten that far to begin with.

The refs are helping the dragons tonight, but at halftime the Tigers are playing superbly, absolutely crushing the dragons in Defence, but can they keep it up, and have the energy to keep counter attacking from average field possession and possession.