Page 47 of 152 FirstFirst ... 273742434445464748495051525767 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    Australian Rules Football is a far better game than that English game of Rugby. Rugby really sucks as a spectacle. Giant, no-brained, steroid using rock-apes throwing a ball backwards and running into each other. How is it even a sport?
    Australian Rules doesn't require a gorilla like build (and attitude), the game is highly skilled and fast.
    And best of all it's not some foreign import. It's something created by the people of this beautiful nation.
    yet alot of the players are gorillas in attitude and off the field
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

As much as I'd agree with both Samloi888 and Sharky (sharky only in some instances), i think this kind of debate falls into the 'can't be resolved' basket and should be stopped.

Lets just look at the bright side: we now get a full weekend of footy again and another reason to hit the bars.

For those who went to the game, they get to say they saw a drawn afl grand final. How many people can say that?
    More people get to go to the GF coz there will be more tickets for fans.
    And we got to see a cracker of a good match with a similar game expected on the weekend
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    As much as I'd agree with both Samloi888 and Sharky (sharky only in some instances), i think this kind of debate falls into the 'can't be resolved' basket and should be stopped.

Lets just look at the bright side: we now get a full weekend of footy again and another reason to hit the bars.

For those who went to the game, they get to say they saw a drawn afl grand final. How many people can say that?
    More people get to go to the GF coz there will be more tickets for fans.
    And we got to see a cracker of a good match with a similar game expected on the weekend
    As much as I agree with the Golden Phoenix on all the points he made there except one, I have to say 'can't be resolved' is a non-issue here as it's blatantly and glaringly obvious that Australian Rules Football is by far a superior recreational and professional pastime.

Australian Rules Football is a far better game than that English game of Rugby. Rugby really sucks as a spectacle. Giant, no-brained, steroid using rock-apes throwing a ball backwards and running into each other. How is it even a sport?
    Australian Rules doesn't require a gorilla like build (and attitude), the game is highly skilled and fast.
    And best of all it's not some foreign import. It's something created by the people of this beautiful nation.
    Good points there really, but I dont follow any rugbys either..

As much as I agree with the Golden Phoenix on all the points he made there except one, I have to say 'can't be resolved' is a non-issue here as it's blatantly and glaringly obvious that Australian Rules Football is by far a superior recreational and professional pastime.
    Maybe in your opinion SamLoi888 but please remember not everyone shares your point of view and that comment can be seen as baiting NRL/Union fans. Personally I'd rather watch a week of NSW cup league then 5 minutes of AFL and (as a tigers fan) I think there is nothing more beautiful in sport then Benji Marshall gracefully dancing around the opposition... but maybe thats because I live in NSW and am sick to death of hearing about how wonderful the Swans are.

Also it might something for the calibre of athletes in each code when AFL will poach NRL stars but not the other way round.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Maybe in your opinion SamLoi888 but please remember not everyone shares your point of view and that comment can be seen as baiting NRL/Union fans.
    There are union fans?

After deciding to skip the sports section of the papers this week due to all the bs writing about the GF I have come to the realisation that if not for the sports section and all the fluff, the News ltd paper is only about 10 pages long...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    There are union fans?
    Surprisingly yes. I used to work with a couple of kiwis and we used to watch the Super Rugby on Friday arvo at the Buckland Hotel in Alexandria. One memorable game between the Crusaders and Blues had the pub divided down the middle. We even got a couple of hot looking ladies sit with us at our table on the Crusaders side of the pub (the guys I worked with were from Christchurch)

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    that comment can be seen as baiting NRL/Union fans.
    Haha of course it was. Nothing wrong with some friendly competition in a sports thread. All in good fun! Somebody threw this thread together with all codes in here I think comparisons should definitely be made and adherents should defend their particular code and put crap on others. It would be unAustralian not to. Don't get me started on the lameness of soccer.

Anyway, as a Wests Tigers fans what are your feelings on your player allegedly beating the crap out of his pregnant wife? He's denying the charges but there's nine of them. If he were found guilty do you feel banning him for life would be too harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    There are union fans?
    As a spectacle, Union is more enjoyable to watch than League as it is more violent. Of course none of them can hold a candle to the grace and skill of Australian Rules.

Anyway, as a Wests Tigers fans what are your feelings on your player allegedly beating the crap out of his pregnant wife? He's denying the charges but there's nine of them. If he were found guilty do you feel banning him for life would be too harsh?

I think the Tigers have done the responsible thing in standing him down while the court case is on. If he is innocent then he can be fed to the Sharkticons play. If guilty then the player should be banned from the game for an ammount of time relevant to the crime violence against women... I'd agree with a life ban. I don't agree with clubs allowing star players to play while in the middle of a criminal court case COUGH Brett StewartCOUGH. Thankfully Lote dished out his own justice in round 1

For the record Lui allegedly put a choke hold on his girlfriend not beat the crap out of her. Also as far as your baiting goes... yes a bit of friendly banter is fine but it can escalate quite quickly and we do try to remain a friendly board respectful of everyones opinion no matter how different they are.

On that note I find nothing graceful about AFL when they are all falling over each other, limbs flailing everywhere trying to hit a ball that has an unpredictable bounce. I honestly find the game very scrappy but that is just my opinion.

As a spectacle, Union is more enjoyable to watch than League as it is more violent.
    To each their own, but I prefer the one on one hit up of league than the head stomping, eye gouging, stacks on of union.

And Union is only tolerable when it is Super 15/Tri Nations games where there are no Northern Hemisphere refs to be found, otherwise it's a whistle-fest, penalty kick to score points game, and that's just dull.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)