Page 53 of 152 FirstFirst ... 334348495051525354555657586373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Ahhh, cool. Another NFL fan
    L.A/St Louis Rams fan since 92. Even managed to score one of Jim Everett's training shirts as he is a friend of my dad's friend.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Only a passing interest mate... but yeah, NY Jets are my team atm!
    Cool

It's not looking too good for the Jets right now. 24 to 3 at halftime. Could have easily been 24 zip if it hadn't been for that field goal with 14 secs left in the half.

It's looking like a Packers / Steelers Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    L.A/St Louis Rams fan since 92. Even managed to score one of Jim Everett's training shirts as he is a friend of my dad's friend.
    Nooooice. Sorry about being a Rams fan though They did have a nice run with Warner as their QB. All good things...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It's not looking too good for the Jets right now. 24 to 3 at halftime. Could have easily been 24 zip if it hadn't been for that field goal with 14 secs left in the half.
    It's looking like a Packers / Steelers Superbowl
    I know...

Ahhh, cool. Another NFL fan

Packers are through (my prediction came true) and I'm going for the Jets against the Steelers (game to start shortly) however the Steelers are favourites to make it through to the SB.
    Freaking Packers........ My Bears were so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Freaking Packers........ My Bears were so close.
    If it wasn't for Cutler and his 'mysterious' injury that forced him from the game, they probably would've won. They only lost by a touchdown and that was with their third-string QB.

If I were Cutler, I'd get out of dodge real fast as the lynch mob is coming.

So.... it's a Packers / Steelers SB. Should be a good game.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Cool

Nooooice. Sorry about being a Rams fan though They did have a nice run with Warner as their QB. All good things...
    Ha Ha. Actually going by the numbers Bulger was a better QB then Warner. Warner was at helm at the peak though. Him, Faulk, Bruce, Hakim, Holt, Proehl in offence. Mike Jones, London Fletcher, Aneas Williams, Dexter Mcleon and co on defence and Mike Martz leading the offence and the greates coach of all time in Dick Vermeil as the head it truly was "The Greatest Show on Turf". I used to love Warner's stats. After a quarter he'd have 12 completed passes to 8 receivers. Because he didn't favour anyone and they used to have so many players in motion noone knew who was getting the ball.

Ah the glory days, how I miss them

Typical Muscat. A very dirty player. This will probably be the end of his career, too.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Well I think the Legends of Origin match surprised everyone (especially the players), that was just like an official Origin match, QLD came out harder and faster, got out to a decent lead then ran out of puff in the alst quarter, allowing NSW to make it look closer than it was!

Nice to see Harrigan still refs the same too!

Ignoring the guys who just retired, Tallis, Lam, Blacklock and Peachy could still cut it in the NRL, funny to see how bad Fitler and Girdler have become in comparison to some of the older blokes who played tonight.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I was also impressed at how good the Legends game turned out, after the initial run and giggle moat of the players got stuck in. QLD were the 1st off the blocks and NSW were on catch up.

Was good to see Tallis with his trademark hitups, Kerrod Walter's darts up the field, Campion and Spud's tackles

Andy Symonds showed he could cut it on the footy field, imagine him with the Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Ignoring the guys who just retired, Tallis, Lam, Blacklock and Peachy could still cut it in the NRL, funny to see how bad Fitler and Girdler have become in comparison to some of the older blokes who played tonight.
    I thought exactly the same thing. When Lam made that break I laughed at Gary Jack and Eric Grothe trying to catch him

Really surprised at Fittler and Girdler. Alexander wasn't as fit as I thought he would be. Tallis impressed me. Now the only annoying thing is having to listen to him brag when the NRL season starts up again