Page 68 of 152 FirstFirst ... 485863646566676869707172737888 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

The touch judges need to be sacked, the entire compliment of them, they have no influence on the game, even when they should.

Video ref should be given more power to reverse terrible calls by the on field refs, and any refs who make more than 2 clangers that need to be reversed can donate a weeks pay to charity to limit them just sitting on the field waiting for the video refs to tell them to blow their whistles.

I dont expect the officials to be perfect and not make mistakes, but their needs to be consistency, and at the monet the only consistency is that the officials are all morons who cannot make consistant calls.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

i dont mind the two refs but wat they need to do is have a controling ref and a pocket reffor the whole game....not the change of powere with who has posession.. i have noticed it in numerous matches where one ref will take a team back a very very skinny ten metres and then the other ref will take them back a liberal 11 metres or more (at one stage tonight canberra were only back 9 metres for an entire set of six and cronulla 12 meteres in defence...) they need to keep one ref in power so atleast the main decisions are consistant (not interpereted differently) and the pocket/ruck refferee can make the same consistant decisiions

and what is the go with the linesmen... they seem entirely out of position.... why is not one of them inline with the defensive ref watching for offsides and the other can watch the ruck....

reffing has gooten weaker...and it is getting to a point where it is costing teams wins...

also on a side note does anyone else notice the amount of forward passes coming from dummy half that a let go these days...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    also on a side note does anyone else notice the amount of forward passes coming from dummy half that a let go these days...
    I believe they are called "flat" passes nowdays. The ball must leave your hands with the hands facing backwards but the ball itself can travel forward. Why not go back to the ball itself must travel backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I believe they are called "flat" passes nowdays. The ball must leave your hands with the hands facing backwards but the ball itself can travel forward. Why not go back to the ball itself must travel backwards?
    I believe they changed the ruling because momentum can move the ball forward even when the pass is originally thrown a few metres backwards.
    Every second pass from dummy half is borderline or forward, and they get let go, I'm fine with it, as long as it is consistant for both teams. However the refs are getting much worse with letting really forward passes go, and then making terrible blunders calling legitmate backwards passes as forward, often as a team is about to make a huge amount of metres or bust over for a try.

Also remember going to a Panthers vs. easts game a few years ago where there wasa very strong (and bitterly cold) southerly, and every pass from whichever team was running north would end up going forward, just due to the strength of the wind!

I understand that at momentum a ball gan "drift" forward but from dummy half where they are stationary or moving at a very slow sPeed there is no way that the pigskin can drift forward or appear flat unless it was thrown that way..even at speeds short passes should not drift forward it can be a poor excuse at times and often gives advantage when there should't be... But EVERY team is guilty of it but some more then others..

What do you all think will happen to kevvy Moore of the bulldogs.

I think he is being made a scape goat for a team of players seriously underperforming. And sure he is the coach but when you don't have the playing roster or depth and your stars are not playing to their potential or their paycheck you can't sack the coach.. And is Ricky Stuart really that good of a replacement (I do think he is a great motivator, coaching not so much)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    And is Ricky Stuart really that good of a replacement (I do think he is a great motivator, coaching not so much)
    Ricky has proven time and again he is a terrible coach, and a one off motivator, he can motivate a bunch of people who have not heard his diatribate before once or twice, but after that he loses his impact and relevance. I hope the bulldogs do buy him so they can continue to wallow at the bottom of the table for their own idiocy. Kevin Moore showed his value as a coach by taking a poor dogs side to the finals two years ago, but since then the players have become bigger than the club and it has all gone downhill.

I am loving seeing Brian Smith under the pump again, he too is not someone who can coach longterm, the only reasons easts did so well last year was a combination of goodluck with injuries, lots of help from the refs, probable salaray cap rorting and having their halves in good form, the coaching had little to no effect on the team, as has been shown by this year and season 2009.

So Canberra join Parra, Easts and the Titans as having their season all but mathematically over, the bunnies should join them this week, and they way they are going, the Dogs and Tigers will join them in 2-3 weeks time.

Had Thurston not been injured, I think the top 4 would remain as some combo of Dragons, Storm, Cowboys and Manly, but now Brisbane have a chance to sneak into 4th, with the Warriors, Knights, Panthers, Sharks (possibly Tigers and Dogs if they turn their form right around) fighting for the last three spots, on paper, the Warriors look the goods, the Knights have a very favourable draw (along with the Dragons), so their may only be 1 spot up for grabs in the top 8...

Time to start messing around with the ladder predictor on nrl.com...

Benji to fullback huh?...
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Benji to fullback huh?...
    I think he showed on Friday that he does not have the speed needed to make length of the field/ broken play tries, but hey a positional change may be just what he needs.

Where would the Kiwi's play him internationals? They have Foran who is a more than handy 5/8.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    They have Foran who is a more than handy 5/8.
    I am hoping Manly manage to hang onto Foran.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I am hoping Manly manage to hang onto Foran.
    him and cherry-evans have been impressive for the eagles this year..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy