Page 69 of 152 FirstFirst ... 495964656667686970717273747989 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    him and cherry-evans have been impressive for the eagles this year..
    Cherry is maturing nicely. I just hope we don't have a situation like the Hodkinson one last year.

I had mid table hopes for Manly this year but watching them play at their best I think they can go all the way or bloody close at least.

I think Cherry-Evans has rookie of the year sewn up. Although if the Sharks keep progressing the way they are then Chad Townsend may be in with a shot.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I think Cherry-Evans has rookie of the year sewn up. Although if the Sharks keep progressing the way they are then Chad Townsend may be in with a shot.
    Have to Love The Chad

5 games in the NRL 4 wins..... what has amazed me about this kid is it seems like a natural progression for him, he is calm cool and he has really taken control of the team in a few short games, somthing tim smith and scott porter failed to do and albert kelly was starting to develop

he was great to watch in the toyota cup and now in FIrst Grade i would like to see him really cement his spot and i can see cronulla really building a solid team around him.

the test will be monday night in the local derby... Drgons Home Ground..

rumors around the club is that when robson joins in 2012, he will be starting in the no 6 Chad at 7 with wade graham moving to the second row or lock.. wade has really bulked up and is playing well and might be even more effective out wide.. throw in the mix the fact they have locked up a bit of the youth running around in sharks colours (Bakuya, Wright, Mills, Gardner) it feels like they are building a solid foundation.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Have to Love The Chad

5 games in the NRL 4 wins..... what has amazed me about this kid is it seems like a natural progression for him, he is calm cool and he has really taken control of the team in a few short games, somthing tim smith and scott porter failed to do and albert kelly was starting to develop

he was great to watch in the toyota cup and now in FIrst Grade i would like to see him really cement his spot and i can see cronulla really building a solid team around him.

the test will be monday night in the local derby... Drgons Home Ground..

rumors around the club is that when robson joins in 2012, he will be starting in the no 6 Chad at 7 with wade graham moving to the second row or lock.. wade has really bulked up and is playing well and might be even more effective out wide.. throw in the mix the fact they have locked up a bit of the youth running around in sharks colours (Bakuya, Wright, Mills, Gardner) it feels like they are building a solid foundation.
    I noticed this. I think the Sharks will be a great team next year. De Gois is returning too I believe. So what is going to happen with the number 9 jersey. Are any of Morris/Flannagan/Aiton moving on?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I noticed this. I think the Sharks will be a great team next year. De Gois is returning too I believe. So what is going to happen with the number 9 jersey. Are any of Morris/Flannagan/Aiton moving on?
    well morris just extended his contract for another 12 months. and he has been playing very well.. so with de gois coming in i think cronulla will run with a two hooker game plan like they usually do.. i am concerned abour de gois's injuries he seems to be picking more up..

i have not heard much on aiton i do think his contract is up this year, and not much on flannagan, not even sure when he is contracted to
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

DeGois is an injury worry, but when he is fit, he is a very solid hooker. Morris has really come into his own playing in the pack rather than in the halves, and Townsend does seem to be the halfback the Sharks need to steer the team around.

However Cherry Evans has been blowing through this season like he is a 10 year veteran, whilst Townsend has only played a handful of games, so Townsend is at a massive disadvantage.

Cant believe how bad the Knights played last Knight, if you cannot be a JT-less Cowboys, who can you beat? (Titans don't count). Bowen played a great dual role as a 7 in attack and a 1 in defence.

And I really feel for Mat Rogers, he should never have come back from retirement, the Titans should be looking to their youth squads for new halves (or using Henry), but instead Rogers comes back, played fairly well and breaks his foot. I guess at least he made it to 200 games...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    However Cherry Evans has been blowing through this season like he is a 10 year veteran, whilst Townsend has only played a handful of games, so Townsend is at a massive disadvantage.

Cant believe how bad the Knights played last Knight, if you cannot be a JT-less Cowboys, who can you beat? (Titans don't count). Bowen played a great dual role as a 7 in attack and a 1 in defence.
    I think you have to look at how the Shark's season has completely turned around thanks to Townsend... That bing said I do agree with your opinion on Cherry-Evans thats why I think he has rookie of the year in the bag. If it wasn't for Cherry I would say Townsend or Ryan Stig.

I'm not going to make a comment on the Knights until after this weekend Scott as we are up next and given our past couple of performances I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys take us to the woodshed. At least "Shifty" Sheens has dropped Mckinnon ... in favour of Moltzen . Moltzen is a half not a fullback. He is scared under the high ball. At least Meaney is on the bench and can be used once Sheens get sick of Moltzen stuffing up. Just to clarify I am a Tim Moltzen fan, but when he is at fullback.

So I think we have our top eight, I've looked through the draw and the Panthers have a very tough run home, while I think that both the Tigers and Knights can realistically win 4 out of their last 6, so they can both be blown out of the finals by the Storm and Manly!

The Storm are showing that even though they had premierships rightfully taken from them for cheating, that they can make what would be no-name players at other clubs into vital cogs in the machine to support their 1, 7 and 9. They have really learnt to legally slow down the play the ball better than any other team (the next best team at it is Manly) and that gives them so much more time to organise their defences, and the extra energy allows Cronk and Smith to direct the play.

The Dragons will only improve as the season winds down, and Brisbane looked good until the final 15 against the Storm. Cowboys are hanging in for now, but I think that the Warriors are going to be the dark horses, the Tigers could cause upsets, but the Warriors have the better team and form right now.

Panthers and Sharks may sneak into the 8 if the Knights or Tigers fail miserably, but with tough draws and injuries to key players (as soon as you see Gallen or Lewis out, you know both those teams are seriously weakened) The Sharks were lacking that forward punch they have ahd the past month, and without their forwards making the metres, there was little Townsend could do.

Just wish everyone I bought in the Supercoach comp would stop getting injured, I've only got 4 subs left! (Gallen, Lewis, Thurston, Harrison all out and my backups have not been good enough!)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Just wish everyone I bought in the Supercoach comp would stop getting injured, I've only got 4 subs left! (Gallen, Lewis, Thurston, Harrison all out and my backups have not been good enough!)
    You still play supercoach? Like every year I lose interest around bye weeks.

Was a good win by the Tigers... against the team coming 15th! They should of won by more if they are going to be a premiership contender. Guess the next 2 weeks will be a good measuring stick for them. I also remembered on Saturday night why I hate Braith Anasta. He is such a cry baby.

Even though it appeared the team lost interest during stages of the game I was still very impressed with The Warriors. They may surprise a few people. The next few weeks will prove most interesting.

i wouldnt say the sharks have a tough run home.. i would say the sharks could make it tough on them selves..

besides brisbane next week they could beat the remaining teams on form over the last month.

run home = brisbane, titans, roosters, nth qld bulldogs and tigers.....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy