Page 70 of 152 FirstFirst ... 506065666768697071727374758090 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i wouldnt say the sharks have a tough run home.. i would say the sharks could make it tough on them selves..

besides brisbane next week they could beat the remaining teams on form over the last month.

run home = brisbane, titans, roosters, nth qld bulldogs and tigers.....
    That is a pretty good run... if Thurston is still injured when they play. Could come down to round 26 Tigers vs Sharks for 8th
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    That is a pretty good run... if Thurston is still injured when they play. Could come down to round 26 Tigers vs Sharks for 8th
    it could come down to that i was having that same conversation with my old man last night.... i did get the teams muddled in order... but they play the cowboys the week before the tigers

brisbane (A)
    titans (H)
    Bulldogs (H)
    Roosters (A)
    Cowboys (A)
    tigers (H)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i wouldnt say the sharks have a tough run home.. i would say the sharks could make it tough on them selves..

besides brisbane next week they could beat the remaining teams on form over the last month.

run home = brisbane, titans, roosters, nth qld bulldogs and tigers.....
    I had them for two certain wins and two potentials, Cowboys with JT back in Townsville the only other one that I think they will probably lose.

Certainly a four team race for 2 spots, the panthers really hung in against a Manly side that looked a little uninterested, but as I said, their run home is very tough so I think it may be 3 into 2.

Not that it matters, teams 7 and 8 will be facing a very good Storm and Manly team (maybe Dragons). So they really will be just cannon fodder!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'm pretty sure that no one else here cares, but in the off-chance that there are some other GWS supporters on the board - how good was the win on Saturday! Can't wait for 2012
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm pretty sure that no one else here cares, but in the off-chance that there are some other GWS supporters on the board - how good was the win on Saturday! Can't wait for 2012
    Just cant get into the GWS team right now, they should be beating reserve grade squads by healthy margins every week, they'll be a top level team soon, and getting beaten by the offcuts from the other AFL cuts is not good enough.

Just hope when they do enter the AFL comp they wont be as sad and embarrasing to watch as the Gold Coast, sure new teams will struggle, but they should be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Just cant get into the GWS team right now, they should be beating reserve grade squads by healthy margins every week, they'll be a top level team soon, and getting beaten by the offcuts from the other AFL cuts is not good enough.

Just hope when they do enter the AFL comp they wont be as sad and embarrasing to watch as the Gold Coast, sure new teams will struggle, but they should be competitive.
    I hope they mega fail and get thrashed by 80+ each week next year. Simply because of all the anti NRL propoganda that comes out from the AFL. Living in Melbourne is a nightmare for league fans.

Keep in mind that this is a team of teenagers that was slapped together at the start of the year and are playing against established clubs. Any sporting team will take time to gel. Plus, when they hit the field next year, they'll look nothing like they do now because they haven't even drafted / traded for any veteran players yet. Tom Scully is a great start for GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    I hope they mega fail and get thrashed by 80+ each week next year. Simply because of all the anti NRL propoganda that comes out from the AFL. Living in Melbourne is a nightmare for league fans.
    Awww, that's not very nice It's funny because I've always heard (from numerous people) that AFL fans can't even be bothered bagging NRL fans but NRL fans go out of their way to insult fans of the AFL. I guess being an AFL supporter, I simply don't care
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Plus, when they hit the field next year, they'll look nothing like they do now because they haven't even drafted / traded for any veteran players yet. Tom Scully is a great start for GWS.
    Not a very clever set up, why not have drafted some older/past players in the VFL to play with these kids for this season to give them onfield mentors and experienced players as well? Seems like team GWS is no more than a schoolboys side without those experienced players.

And Scully is a nobody (in terms of known name players) in Sydney, what GWS needs is a hook other than Israel (ie a proven AFL performer), and the money they want to pay him is crazy for what he offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    +1 here here.

I find it difficult to watch real footy down here as I don't have Fox. I still catch Manly 90% of the time on a stream but I do miss my Fox.

Not a very clever set up, why not have drafted some older/past players in the VFL to play with these kids for this season to give them onfield mentors and experienced players as well? Seems like team GWS is no more than a schoolboys side without those experienced players.
    I can't answer that question because I have zero experience in building a professional sports team from the ground up. I'm going to give Graeme Allan (4 premierships with Collingwood and Brisbane as Football Manager) and Kevin Sheedy (4 premierships as head coach of Essendon) the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing

EDIT: Just read that the NFL lockout has ended
    Last edited by 5FDP; 26th July 2011 at 11:21 AM.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks