Page 71 of 152 FirstFirst ... 516166676869707172737475768191 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

I was very interested in some of the refs calls in last nights Tigers vs. Eagles game...

Refs cant seem to make up their mind on what grounding constitutes a try, going on tries awarded in previous weeks, Tigers should have had an early one, and then an 8 point penalty try awarded later on when Farah was taken out with a professional foul, it was at the very least a sin bin offence.

And how come no action was taken on the Manly player who intentionally shouldered the ref during the very same play? If that does not go to the match review panel, then expect to hear some noise from the QRL, considering the crap the panel put JT through in Origin on an accidental contact.
    If you see a highlights package from the game, watch the top of the screen when Farah gets tackled without the ball, look for the pink shirt...

I can't believe that Gallen makes that much difference to the Sharks squad, they were terrible last night. The Broncos are good, but the Sharks made them look exceptional. Another game like that and their slim finals chances will be gone (especially if the Tigers form continues)

And here's hoping John Cartwright gets better soon, last thing the Titans need is for him to be out of action...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I was very interested in some of the refs calls in last nights Tigers vs. Eagles game...

Refs cant seem to make up their mind on what grounding constitutes a try, going on tries awarded in previous weeks, Tigers should have had an early one, and then an 8 point penalty try awarded later on when Farah was taken out with a professional foul, it was at the very least a sin bin offence.

And how come no action was taken on the Manly player who intentionally shouldered the ref during the very same play? If that does not go to the match review panel, then expect to hear some noise from the QRL, considering the crap the panel put JT through in Origin on an accidental contact.
    If you see a highlights package from the game, watch the top of the screen when Farah gets tackled without the ball, look for the pink shirt...
    And when Matai headbutted Galloway in the stomach then milked a penalty when Galloway shoved him. Again I hate the way the grubs on the north shore play the game. I was extra glad to see the Tigs win this one. What is that with Tigers/Sea Eagles games? 3 of the last 4 decided by very slim ammounts
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

There is no way in hell that first "try" was a try. About as clear a knock on as you will ever see. You have to have control of the ball when grounding it & Beau Ryan had neither.

As for the 8 pointer there was nothing wrong with that. Farrah was the likely man to receive the ball & was never going to score anyway as Lyon clearly had him covered. The correct decision a Tigers penalty was made.

player who intentionally shouldered the ref during the very same play? If that does not go to the match review panel, then expect to hear some noise from the QRL, considering the crap the panel put JT through in Origin on an accidental contact.
    The pocket referee was clearly out of position & it is he who should be cited for professional incompetance. JT deliberately ran into the referee from 20 metres away. Completely different circumstances.

All in all a good game of footy to watch bar the result & the Tigers 2nd try coming from a forward pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    There is no way in hell that first "try" was a try. About as clear a knock on as you will ever see. You have to have control of the ball when grounding it & Beau Ryan had neither.

As for the 8 pointer there was nothing wrong with that. Farrah was the likely man to receive the ball & was never going to score anyway as Lyon clearly had him covered. The correct decision a Tigers penalty was made.

The pocket referee was clearly out of position & it is he who should be cited for professional incompetance. JT deliberately ran into the referee from 20 metres away. Completely different circumstances.

All in all a good game of footy to watch bar the result & the Tigers 2nd try coming from a forward pass.
    I agree that the "no try" rule for Beau Ryan was correct but what I think Trunks is saying is that if NRL refs were consistant, then with some of the tries they have awarded in the past weeks then it should of been a try.

I also agree that it shouldn't of been an 8 point try. They saw Farah was covered which was why he didn't receive the pass. Lyon still tackled him anyway because...well I wont start a war but I'm not a fan of The Sea Eagles style of play.

JT was cleared of his collision withthe ref as the video clearly shows that he didn't see him until the last minute which proves he didn't deliberately run into him. I don't believe Foran should be cited as the ref was out of position and I don't believe it was intentional.

The Tigers second try was fair. The ball travelled backwards out of the hands and due to the movement and position of Farah (I believe) Ayshford did catch the ball ahead of him. By the NRL rules that is not a forward pass.

I agree it was a great game however I believe the best team won. The Sea Eagles should of learnt by now, you can't clock off against the Tigers.

Never said it should be a try, and I agree 100% with what you say, but going off tries given in recent weeks, it should have been allowed. Consistency is the key when officiating, and the NRL currently has none.

Any contact with any official is meant to be penalised, yet once again it got nothing. The Manly player, whoever it was intentionally lowered his shoulder to barge the ref out of the way (and failed). It would have been even sadder had the professional foul never occurred as he would never would have gotten to Farah in time to stop him.

And who you support comes out!

Refs making mistakes is the only constant in the NRL right now, calling good passes forwards, and letting some spectacular forward ones go. It looked to me like it floated forward, but I have yet to see any shots of the pass to see if it was thrown backwards or forwards from the hands, so I cannot say anymore on it.

The result was the right one, Manly were lucky to still be in it at the end, the Tigers were the stronger team in the final 60 minutes.

And I have to agree about Matai Bobby, he is a grub, and is one of about half a dozen players who should have been rubbed out of the game years ago.

I won't get into it either as I think the better team on the night won & it was certainly a game of 2 halves & the Tigers did well to keep Manly pinned down in the 2nd half.

As for Farrah he was covered by Lyon & was never going to score anyway.

I certainly agree with the referee standard being poor at best & their inconsistency is the only consistant standard in the game.

I am a huge Manly fan & I personally like their hyper aggressive style. Unlike many I don't find Matai a grub I think he is a guy who gives 100% in everything he does & sails so close to the line he is bound to go over it on occasion.

He does some questionable things but I don't find him a maliciously dirty player as such like say Billy Slater who is a dirty player IMO. I also have the opinion that it is not a true Manly game unless Matai gets up clutching a body part in agony

I think Melbourne really showed what a force they are last night overcoming some really biased officiating to beat Parramatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I think Melbourne really showed what a force they are last night overcoming some really biased officiating to beat Parramatta.
    The NRL really want Hayne to be their little superstar and the twerp keeps stuffing it up... This is not the first year Parra has had the officials try to gift them games, there were a few last year as well as the year before...

I missed watching the game due to a flight, but from the highlights, Hayne really butched that try early on at 0-0, loved a comment I heard on the radio "He could have scored easily a few metres in, but saw all the cameras in the corner and went for the super amazing try".

Loved seeing the Dragons beaten by Souths, Souths were lucky to be awrded a few of theris, but they were playign with heart and energy while the Dragons were not.
    Also must say seeing Newcastle score points was wonderful, wish they could do it more often.

The NRL really want Hayne to be their little superstar and the twerp keeps stuffing it up... This is not the first year Parra has had the officials try to gift them games, there were a few last year as well as the year before...

I missed watching the game due to a flight, but from the highlights, Hayne really butched that try early on at 0-0, loved a comment I heard on the radio "He could have scored easily a few metres in, but saw all the cameras in the corner and went for the super amazing try".

Also must say seeing Newcastle score points was wonderful, wish they could do it more often.
    LOL. I had quite the chuckle myself at Hayne

Newcastle did well against a very poor Titans. One try that the Knights scored Rankin was standing 2 metres deep in goal. Who's he going to stop there? Then when Uate had 50 metres and was barrelling along Rankin tried to stop him on the goal line I don't think that result was ever in doubt

So lets see whats going to happen to Todd Carney now the Roosters aren't going so good.

Also is anyone else surprised Gallen got off?