Page 72 of 152 FirstFirst ... 526267686970717273747576778292 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    So lets see whats going to happen to Todd Carney now the Roosters aren't going so good.

Also is anyone else surprised Gallen got off?
    nope not suprised, it was a joke he was put on report and cited to begin with, sure it was stupid to lash out and deserved a penalty but that is about it... there are many cases of players kicking feet and legs in the game,

If Gallen meant to do it there would of been a lot more damage to Beau Henry and he should of let go of the leg earlier, if gal didnt make contact i am sure the penatly would of gone the other way.

Carney is an Alcoholic.. as soon as people start treating him like one and really get him the help he needs he is a lost cause..

unfortunatly in the modern game if roosters were to sack him another club would sign him almost instantly... the NRL needs to step in and maybe deregister him or atleast make sure the roosters are not disadvantaged like the raiders were so many years ago for doing "the right thing".
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    nope not suprised, it was a joke he was put on report and cited to begin with, sure it was stupid to lash out and deserved a penalty but that is about it... there are many cases of players kicking feet and legs in the game,

If Gallen meant to do it there would of been a lot more damage to Beau Henry and he should of let go of the leg earlier, if gal didnt make contact i am sure the penatly would of gone the other way.
    But Gallens leg was free. It's not like he was trying to free his leg and accidently hit Henry in the face. Henry had finally released his leg and then Gallen looked back and then planted a boot in Beau Henry's face. Did Henry hold on too long? Yes. Should Henry have been penalised? Absolutely. Does that warrant Gallen driving his foot intentionally into his face? no way in hell. Gallen should of got 2 weeks minimum. Yes I agree others do it too but that is no excuse to give Gallen a free pass. I used to play union and getting stamped on was my biggest peeve. There is no reason for it in the game.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

But Gallens leg was free. It's not like he was trying to free his leg and accidently hit Henry in the face. Henry had finally released his leg and then Gallen looked back and then planted a boot in Beau Henry's face. Did Henry hold on too long? Yes. Should Henry have been penalised? Absolutely. Does that warrant Gallen driving his foot intentionally into his face? no way in hell. Gallen should of got 2 weeks minimum. Yes I agree others do it too but that is no excuse to give Gallen a free pass. I used to play union and getting stamped on was my biggest peeve. There is no reason for it in the game.
    With Gallen's track record, and the fact that Gallen only did it after his leg was freed, meant he should have done a couple of weeks, however the second Dugan wasn't charged (which looked accidental, and worse than Gallen's!) Gallen had to be let off too.

But they have set the precedent now, so they will have to deal with any on field consequences that arise. (if any.)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So St George gone?

They could end up 7th after this weekend, could slip to 8th if Newcastle win every game (doubtful). ) If results go to form (Knights beat Dogs, but lose to Souths and Brisbane, Brisbane beat Souths, Dogs lose to Manly then it should mean a week 1 final exit for St George against Manly, while Newcastle get eaten alive by the Storm...

Loved Slaters efforts tonight, he is a machine, Widdop played extremely well, more than a handy replacement for Cronk. Also had a laugh when Soward stayed down after a good clean hit to try and milk a penalty and got the nothing it deserved, the big sook.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So St George gone?

They could end up 7th after this weekend, could slip to 8th if Newcastle win every game (doubtful). ) If results go to form (Knights beat Dogs, but lose to Souths and Brisbane, Brisbane beat Souths, Dogs lose to Manly then it should mean a week 1 final exit for St George against Manly, while Newcastle get eaten alive by the Storm...

Loved Slaters efforts tonight, he is a machine, Widdop played extremely well, more than a handy replacement for Cronk. Also had a laugh when Soward stayed down after a good clean hit to try and milk a penalty and got the nothing it deserved, the big sook.
    Damn soward hes in both my dream team and super coach and hes giving both teams a bad name - but ive had no trades available since 2 weeks ago

Anasta needs to have a few weeks off I think, he goes too far in his onfield complaints to refs and he needs to be made an example of.

Isaac Luke also should be commended for his dive, any soccer player would have been proud of it. He should have been given the penalty even without the dive, maybe the NRL needs to look at penalising those who try to milk penalties?

Also glad the Storm won on Friday, I knew the Dragons scored from a forward pass, but it was shockingly forward. What is the point of having touch judges if they cant even see a pass go 3+ metres forward?

Gallen and Jennings got injured tonight, have both of them, and Gasnier all in my supercoach team, have semis next week and only one trade... I should have bought David Simmons instead of Jennings!

NRL Game Notes:

~Melbourne vs. St George-Illawarra~
    Another below par performance from the Dragons allowed
    Melbourne to extended their impressive winning streak on
    Friday night.

For the Dragons...Dean Young, Ben Hornby and Matt Cooper
    looked dangerous...but lacked support from their team mates
    and once again Jamie Soward had a poor game. The Dragons
    look like a team who have simply run out of steam...and while
    there was only 2 points in it...they never really had control of
    the game.

Melbourne on the other hand looked focused from the start
    and while they lacked direction without Cooper Cronk...
    Cameron Smith, Gareth Widdop and Billy Slater all stepped
    up to fill the void. A special mention must go to Rory Kostjasyn
    and Dane Nielsen who looked dangerous with every touch.

Game Highlight:
    Anthony Quinn delivering a "Rock Bottom" to Jamie Soward.

Workhorse:
    Bryan Norrie.

Best Player:
    Rory Kostjasyn...give him a starting spot.

Worst Player:
    Beau Champion was horrible in a winning team.

~South Sydney vs. North Queensland~
    The Rabbits kept their finals hopes alive with a golden point
    victory over the Cowboys.

The Cowboys played well enough with Matt Scott and James
    Tamou dominating up front allowing Jonathan Thurston and
    Matt Bowen ample attacking opportunities. The Cowboys
    also had the advantage of Greg Inglis and Nathan Merrit
    both pulling out before the game...but it wasn't enough.

Souths had the spirit and desire to fight back late in the
    game and thanks mainly to Parramatta bound halfback Chris
    Sandow and Origin forward Dave Taylor...Souths got over
    the line.

Now ignoring "the milking" of the winning penalty...Souths
    deserved to win and the Cowboys only have themselves to
    blame for allowing the Rabbits the chance to snatch the
    game from them.

Game Highlight:
    Chris Sandow's 80 metre intercept run followed by his side
    line conversion to tie the game at 24 all.

Workhorse:
    James Tamou.

Best Player:
    Chris Sandow...but James Tamou also deserves a mention.

Worst Player:
    Luke Burgess made a few careless errors...but he still put in 100%.

~Final Thoughts~
    Melbourne do appear to be premiership favorites as the Dragons
    continue to slip down the Ladder. Souths have spirit and will be
    a real danger team if they make the finals and the Cowboys need
    to learn to focus for the full 80 minutes.

All in all...a good night of league with plenty of highlights.

Interesting point of debate the whole Issac Luke "dive". I'm torn by the issue. Yeah I think he took a dive but also the shot did deserve a penalty that he wouldn't of gotten if he got up and played on.

Anyway I got to go to the SFS yesterday to watch The Tigers vs Eels and what a fantastic day it was. Even though he ran some good metres and tunnel balled the footy to Marshall but geez Utai's defence needs some work. Oh and at a live game you get a real feel for how lazy Hayne is. He deliberately avoids the ball so often and his defence is woeful.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Oh and at a live game you get a real feel for how lazy Hayne is. He deliberately avoids the ball so often and his defence is woeful.
    this i have noticed a number of times, i do not think Hayne deserves the accolades that are heaped on him at best he is a solid first grader but not the star the media make him out to be.. he has flashes of brilliance but they are a shadow compared to someone like cam smith darren lockyear or benji marshall....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    this i have noticed a number of times, i do not think Hayne deserves the accolades that are heaped on him at best he is a solid first grader but not the star the media make him out to be.. he has flashes of brilliance but they are a shadow compared to someone like cam smith darren lockyear or benji marshall....
    He was even worse at fullback. Slater makes opposition kickers look bad by getting to the ball to take it on the full, Hayne used to amble around and hope his wingers would do the work.

One of the kids told me a great joke this morning: "What has 34 legs and still can't climb a ladder?"
    Answer- "Parramatta".
    Absolute awesomesauce.

Manly were dull but clinical yesterday, they will grind teams to dust during the finals if given a chance, maybe a Manly/Melbourne final again, Channel 9 will be aghast!