Page 73 of 152 FirstFirst ... 536368697071727374757677788393 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    One of the kids told me a great joke this morning: "What has 34 legs and still can't climb a ladder?"
    Answer- "Parramatta".
    Absolute awesomesauce.
    There is a few good jokes going around at the moment. There is an unofficial facebook page for TAB sportsbet with the Eels at $15 for the win and Emu Plains under 6s $1.10.

Also after last week I heard this one "What has 34 arms but can't catch a Rooster?"
    Answer= St George Illawarra Dragons

The only bad thing about going to the game live was I couldn't hear Rabs and Gus commentating the Matt Utai tunnel ball. I heard it was pretty good.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

So Knights downed last night, so the winner of the Knights/Souths game Saturday week should get to be trounced by melbourne the following week!

Wonder how busy the judiciary will be this week, should have about 5 Roosters fronting for their super cheap shots, but probably will have 0.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So Knights downed last night, so the winner of the Knights/Souths game Saturday week should get to be trounced by melbourne the following week!

Wonder how busy the judiciary will be this week, should have about 5 Roosters fronting for their super cheap shots, but probably will have 0.
    The sharks (and jonathan thurston) just need to harden up.

Rabbitohs gunning for the top 8! Merrit and Inglis should be back this week, which is good, asotasi is a possibility too! I'm sure melbourne would rather play the knights than the Bunnies.

But what sucks arse is no Friday Night Football is shown in Melbourne until around midnight. What a joke - if channel 9 doesn't want to show it at a reasonable time they should just let foxtel show it live.

only 1 rooster got cited... Waerea-Hargreaves got a grade three for the swinging arm on gallen..

it was a nasty swinging arm...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    only 1 rooster got cited... Waerea-Hargreaves got a grade three for the swinging arm on gallen..

it was a nasty swinging arm...
    It should have been more than grade 3, the Waera Hargeaves is a thug, up there with Matai, Bird and Gallen.

It should have been more than grade 3, the Waera Hargeaves is a thug, up there with Matai, Bird and Gallen.
    i am pretty sure if Gallen was on the other side of that swinging arm in the same circumstance he would of been sent from the field.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i am pretty sure if Gallen was on the other side of that swinging arm in the same circumstance he would of been sent from the field.
    I have to agree on this one, and that is not the way it should be. One rule for all should be the way to go.

Friday nights games should be interesting, will Melbourne or Manly prevail, and then what? I can see Manly getting defeated and the game taking a heavy physical toll on them (the other team they played recently that plays tough in your face grinding footy is the Dragons, who beat them 24-6 or something a few weeks back) which they may take week 26 or longer to recover from, could be a start of a mini slide.

However I cannot see the eventual winners coming from outside the top 4. Manly and melbourne are proven winners in finals series, the Broncos have a way of winning in the finals when they shouldn't (and find me someone who doesn't have a part of them that wants Locky to leave a winner on grand final day), and the Tigers can beat anyone on their day, but how many of "their days" will they have/need?

Warriors can also win, but I dont think they can put three together against these quality sides, North Queensland have run out of puff after over-achieving while Thurston and Scott were out, the Dragons will need luck and everything to go their way to win three straight finals games and Newcastle/Souths will be there to make up the numbers.

Everyone is forgetting the most important clash of round 26. Titans vs Eels for the wooden spoon... should be a cracker

I just hope the Tigers don't stumble against the lower ranked clubs they are playing over the next couple of weeks as they have been known to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    But what sucks arse is no Friday Night Football is shown in Melbourne until around midnight. What a joke - if channel 9 doesn't want to show it at a reasonable time they should just let foxtel show it live.
    Just stream it. Thats what I am reduced to down in Mexico & whilst the picture is pretty poor I can at least watch football the way it was meant to be LIVE.

(and find me someone who doesn't have a part of them that wants Locky to leave a winner on grand final day)
    Found. I would laugh if the Broncos make the GF only to lose. Lockyer has had more than enough time on the winners podium in his career.

"Is it your job to be physical and to go out on the field to hurt people?" Police prosecutor Sgt Rick Mansley
    "No, it's my job to make the outside backs look good." Benji Marshall

What a champ Good to hear he was found not guilty too.