Page 78 of 152 FirstFirst ... 586873747576777879808182838898 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Good win by the Tigers. Showed lots of character. After a years hiatus St Choke appear to be back in the nrl.

Union world cup is on... Which I love. The minnow nation matches are always exciting. Namibia really pushed Fiji but fell away in the final minutes.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Union world cup is on... Which I love. The minnow nation matches are always exciting. Namibia really pushed Fiji but fell away in the final minutes.
    Too bad Channel 9 is doing such a poor job of broadcasting it.

The highlight of the NZ vs. Tonga clash was the opening anthems and Haka, could feel the passion and pride through the tv. SBW was very classy, could get some big $$$ if he wanted to come back to league.

Union get their world cup right, they have the right number of minnow nations that allow them for good matchups to even out the lopsided contests when a top 6 nation plays. They also ensure that prospective markets like Russia, the USA and Japan get a fair representation. Now if only they could make games featuring non pacific ocean based teams somewhat exciting for viewers!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Union get their world cup right, they have the right number of minnow nations that allow them for good matchups to even out the lopsided contests when a top 6 nation plays. They also ensure that prospective markets like Russia, the USA and Japan get a fair representation. Now if only they could make games featuring non pacific ocean based teams somewhat exciting for viewers!
    Romania v Scotland was pretty good, up until the last 10 minutes when scotland pulled their finger out!

Surprise surprise the top 4 made it through to the next round, Newcastle and Cowboys over-run by better opposition.

Warriors were very disappointing, hopefully they turn up for the Tigers game, if they do, could be the most entertaining match of the finals series.
    If playing to form, the Broncos will wipe they floor with the Dragons, who were very negative, dire and predictible on Friday.

Hopefully the Broncos/Dragons will then wipe Manly out of the race, I found it interesting that they only started playing well when the refs no longer kept them back the 10, and let them lay all over the play the ball. When they were back 10, they were terrible!

Gotta love the Bondi Haka!

And really like those Warriors jerseys, if I was a jersey collector that would be one I'd be interested in getting.

Japan have improved since I saw them last world cup. They could get a win in their pool

Hunting: Alternators, Binaltechs. Loose or Boxed
    Hunting: Bravestar figure 'Thunderstick'
    Collection:My Collection

Tigers got Tiger-ed last night, the Warriors were very hard done by with penalties, but fought back well, the Tigers looked tired in the last 20 minutes, had no spark in attack.

Heighington and Gibbs were so dominant, made the warriors huge pack look soft for most of the game.

Unlucky to lose to a flukey try, but the game was there to be won!

Come on Broncos, beat the Dragons so you can thrash Manly next week!

One word...LOCKYER!!!

Brisbane vs. St George was easily one of the more enjoyable games of the year, any other team would have been 24-0 down at halftime, and probably would have fallen apart from that attacking pressure, but the Dragons held on, before hitting back as late as they possibly could.

Funny how the dragons were awful, but still held on with their defense, against most of the NRL teams, the Dragons would have won the game with the way they played tonight. The better team won, but what will it have taken out of them for next week? Only negative is that the Dragons last try scorer Hornby should not have been on the field, he should have been sent from the field 20 minutes earlier for his repeated and blatant unsportsman like fouls when interfering with the contested bombs. terrible that he only got called for it once in at least 5 attempts.

And loving that Ireland beat Australia in a boring goalfest, what a advertisement for the game here!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    And loving that Ireland beat Australia in a boring goalfest, what a advertisement for the game here!
    Your right there! Boring as anything. Only good thing(Apart from Australia losing) it should mix up the draw for the quarter and semi finals.

If Lockyer is out injured Manly will just roll them whats the bet even if he has broken cheekbone(s) he will still play??