Page 80 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6070757677787980818283848590100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool78 View Post
    Is the Warriors game sold out? Headin over there tomorrow may be able to go along
    Maybe, I got mine on tuesday 1 hour after tickets went on sale to the public and the sales looked pretty strong there judging by the seats I got.

I'd love to see the Broncos beat the Whiners tomorrow night and give Locky a chance to go out a GF winner, as long as they dont put him on the bench for the entire game and only give him a few of the final minutes to play.

Wallace will ahve to step up, Hodges will ahev to play as a centre-second 5/8, parker will have to take more in play kicks and Glenn will have to really protect Gillett, it will completely change the way the Broncos structure their attack, however Gillett will be a defensive boost (not that Lockyer is a bad defender!

Only 13,000 tickets sold to tomorrow nights game, and I'd wager that many of them would be Broncos fans, they always attend finals in force, no matter the location. It is sad that such a strong Sydney side cannot garner more interest from their fans, I know that they will get a lot of walk up fans, but we should be selling out all finals matches at the SFS.
    Thankfully we dont have a Manly v Cronulla game, or we wouldnt even be able to sell out North Sydney Oval!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Same ^^

Bring back the Bears! They were my first rugby league team I followed and got me into league. Halligan, Larson, Moore, Jackson and Big Toole those were the days.

Great Game Warriors deserved to beat the Storm - They had more in both attack and defense. Not sure how it looked on TV but at the game the storms big three didnt seem to do much. Their most dangerous player was skia manu.

Warriors or Manly for the win people?

Decepticon Guest

Yay! West coast eagles lost!!! Perhaps they won't get rammed down our throats this week on the news now that they are out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Warriors or Manly for the win people?
    Is this a rhetorical question? I don't know anyone who doesn't go for these teams that prefer Manly over the Warriors.

On a side note I noticed Shaun Berrigan was named for the Auckland Vulcans in the NSW cup semis. Does this mean he'll be fit for the Grand Final? I hope so as the only thing I hate about the Warriors at the moment is Krisnan Inu.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question? I don't know anyone who doesn't go for these teams that prefer Manly over the Warriors.

On a side note I noticed Shaun Berrigan was named for the Auckland Vulcans in the NSW cup semis. Does this mean he'll be fit for the Grand Final? I hope so as the only thing I hate about the Warriors at the moment is Krisnan Inu.
    Berrigan missed the semi, but will hopefully play for the Vulcans on Sunday. Bulldogs are going for three straight NSW cups victories, so should make for a fantastic curtain raiser, too bad the Toyota Cup will be inbetween reserve grade and the NRL Final. I know why you are not a fan of Inu!

NRL Final looks like it will be a game for the forwards, whichever teams forwards dominate, will allow their young halves to control the game. Manly were allowed to lay all over the ruck and wrestle to their hearts content against Brisbane, and they did it well. Williams should be free to play, but Matai should be rubbed out for a long time, he slide in late and with no intent on stopping a try, only taking out a player, ruined a very good game from Manly.
    Glenn Stewart will improve the chances of Manly, even though he should have been rubbed out of the game for far longer (as should Lussick, Brett Stewart et al.)

Here is hoping that the Aus based Kiwis get behind their team, I imagine the media will be pro Manly, but the crowd will be pro Warriors, I know I'm whole heartedly supporting the Warriors!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Phil Gould will be sitting back enjoying the fact that he has got his man Cleary. As a warriors and Cleary fan its sad to seem him go. There have been plently of haters in NZ towards him but his ability to bring through the younger players has been proven.

Inu was a usless bag of potatoes at the beginning of the year but to his credit he has put the effort in at the end of year so probably will keep his place. I personally think they should have kept Moon and shipped Inu off to places far away.

Hopefully no matter the result on sunday hopefully the players can continue it on next year..... but it may be difficult when the new coach is just a bag of wind.

the sharks vulcans game was a good game.

a tim smith brain snap pretty much cost the sharks a spot.. but man are the warriors impressive over all three grades this year

i need to check but did they win the club championship this yers??

as the saying goes.. i support two teams <insert main team here> and whoever plays manly!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Nice work Warriors...Bye Bye Storm...try again next year.

I say the Warriors do the Haka on Grand Final day...
    and they get all their players from all three grades to perform it.

That would be epic!

as the saying goes.. i support two teams <insert main team here> and whoever plays manly!!
    That pretty much sums it up...Go the Warriors!