Page 81 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6171767778798081828384858691101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Both teams should be a near full strength, should be an interesting GF.

Toyota Cup will be an attack-fest, but the NSW cup game is the game with the most potential, both squads are full of up and coming/fringe NRL players, and veterans leading the way. Vulcans are team full of flair, while the Dogs are the structured, wear teams down then break out to score in the final quarter of the match.

I'm cheering for the Warriors, but I think Manly will be incredibly hard to beat.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I thought I saw something with Matai on the cover of the daily telegraph saying he was looking to hurt someone in the grand final... Is this true? It was only a passing glance at a customers shop so I wasn't sure I read it correctly. If that is the case I would give anything to be the ref in the grand final next week. I hate attitudes like that. I would be "Alright kickoff. Go sit down Matai"

Saw a very interesting debate today. Will the NRL give the title to Manly to keep it in Sydney? (even though Des whinged about the semis being soooooooooooooo far from Manly) or will they give it to the warriors to take some shine off the RWC? In a real world the Warriors would win as most of Manlys players should of been suspended for the rest of the season... Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Oh and I hate Inu for two reasons. One he is a smug (insert expletive) who after spending the season in reserve grade does one fluke thing and acts like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread... and two... well he used to play for Parramatta.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

i think a warriors win would be good for the game in general..the game has such a large kiwi following in NZ Melbourne and even Bondi....a Premiership to NZ would be a financial boost to the game in NZ too
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I want to see another thrashing dealt out by Manly. As for Matai I am astounded he was even placed on report as it was not illegal nor was it malicious. Perhaps he should have gone "Slater style" & lead with studs to the face?

Full squad bar Williams & King so I expect a good game.

Well it looks like they are trying to give it to Manly. How George Rose wasn't sent off, how Watmough wasn't penalized for playing the ball sideways and how that last try was even allowed past that first blatant obstruction is beyond me. Atleast this proves Checcin isn't worthy to ref a grand final... let alone a first grade game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Well it looks like they are trying to give it to Manly. How George Rose wasn't sent off, how Watmough wasn't penalized for playing the ball sideways and how that last try was even allowed past that first blatant obstruction is beyond me. Atleast this proves Checcin isn't worthy to ref a grand final... let alone a first grade game.
    Bla bla bla, cry cry cry. Who are the premiers? Thats right the best team in the comp.

I like how you point out only the ref errors that went for Manly. I suppose you think Forans denied try was a knock on too . Just as many went against them & the game was a quality one to watch with both teams giving 100% unlike last years claytons premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Bla bla bla, cry cry cry. Who are the premiers? Thats right the best team in the comp.

I like how you point out only the ref errors that went for Manly. I suppose you think Forans denied try was a knock on too . Just as many went against them & the game was a quality one to watch with both teams giving 100% unlike last years claytons premiership.
    Actually I thought Foran's try should of been awarded. If you note when I posted the previous comment it was at halftime so without having psychic abilities I couldn't of mentioned Foran's try. The warriors got some calls their way but the majority went manlys way. If the nrl had the guts to take a stance then half of the manly side would of been missing after that brawl. It definitely was a brutal gf. Never seen so many head cuts in one game. I wouldn't say the best team won the competition... I would of said Brisbane were the form team of the nrl (even if they are a one player team, will be interesting next year) but Manly were the best team on the day and in football that's all that matters. Still think the refs should of had the guts to send Rose off as that shot was malicious because he was left flat footed by the warriors player. It would of made an interesting grand final if that happened.

Oh why couldn't Inu play with those hands 2 weeks ago

I'm keen to see the kiwi side as to where Foran plays as I think Johnson will be in the halves with Benji.

Well, Manly won...... What can i say they were too good. That try before half time really made the hill a tough one to climb. Warriors made a few errors too at crucial times the didnt help

Hunting: Alternators, Binaltechs. Loose or Boxed
    Hunting: Bravestar figure 'Thunderstick'
    Collection:My Collection

Gotta agree with Bartrim, Manly definitely got the rub of the decisions, I would have liked to have seen Rose sent for 10, but lets face it, the refs will never do the right thing in GF, since they cant be tough on cheap shots in the normal rounds. The try on half time was ridiculous, I cannot see why the video ref cannot contact the on field refs to let them know of all the blunders they are making.

Warriors were too sloppy with their handling for most of the game, and the better team won on the day, however I would have loved to see how Manly would have coped with the NZ dominance in the last 25 minutes had they not had the refs give them the buffer of a try and all the beneficial calls in the first half.
    Also would have been interesting to see how Manly's season went if the judiciary had have done the right thing after the brawl and last weeks game, I don't agree that Stewart was best on ground, Johnson and both Manly halves were far better, and Lyon also proved he is a big game player.

At least the NSW cup game was a blast, and further proof that it should return to being the premier reserve grade played before NRL mathces rather than the Toyota cup, which while entertaining at times, was atrocious for defense!

Rose might get a 2 match ban, but it is a little too late, missing the world match championship is no punishment. Locky's last Aussie test in 2 weeks, then a series in England... Bring on the cricket season!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Actually I thought Foran's try should of been awarded. If you note when I posted the previous comment it was at halftime so without having psychic abilities I couldn't of mentioned Foran's try.
    A valid point which I just noticed. My apologies on that one

I wouldn't say the best team won the competition... I would of said Brisbane were the form team of the nrl (even if they are a one player team, will be interesting next year) but Manly were the best team on the day and in football that's all that matters.
    If Brisbane were the form team they would have been minor premiers & made the GF. They didn't because they were not but they will be a serious force next year as their junior players are maturing nicely.

Manly have been the most consistant team the last 5 years along with the Storm & should be recognised as such.

Still think the refs should of had the guts to send Rose off as that shot was malicious because he was left flat footed by the warriors player. It would of made an interesting grand final if that happened.
    With a unbiased opinion I don't think the Rose cheap shot warranted sending off. Maybe 10 minutes in the bin but it was not a send off offence.