Page 88 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6878838485868788899091929398108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Cheers! Less than 24 hours till season 2012 kick off, wheres the nrl fans gone?
    They've all seen the light and come across to the AFL

Joking people. Remain calm.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Still think NRL season is too long, but glad it is back.

Laughed my butt off about Gold Coast in the A league. Soccer is not going to be able to sustain 10 national teams without a GC team, and they went down the gurgler partly due to their owner, but mostly due to their limited support!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Good game between the Dragons and the Knights this evening.

Anyone find it rather odd that an NRL game was played on a Thursday evening?

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Good game between the Dragons and the Knights this evening.

Anyone find it rather odd that an NRL game was played on a Thursday evening?
    It was due to a scheduling clash with the cricket tri-series starting later than usual so running into March.

Instead of back to back Friday night games that would have completely blocked the cricket, they opted to show one each night.

Personally I am a fan of the Tursday night concept, better to have it that way than a live and delayed match keeping you up till midnight on Friday. Can't see the NRL teams agreeing, too much hassle with scheduling plus probably wouldnt be great for ticket sales on Thursday (like the Monday night matches) but great for tv audiences.

Poor James Tedesco

Well there have been some close games this round. I'm not sure if it's because the clubs are all so evenly matched or everyone is really rusty. Seriously some of the completition rates are of park footy level.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Poor James Tedesco

Well there have been some close games this round. I'm not sure if it's because the clubs are all so evenly matched or everyone is really rusty. Seriously some of the completition rates are of park footy level.
    I have to feel for the kid.. A local boy who worked hard and I know the pain he is going through.

Tigs were lucky I think.. Lucky Cronulla has not quite learnt how to finish properly and I think a lot of players from all clubs are feeling the rust
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Agreed on the handling problems. Sure it was wet in most games, but those rates were terrible.

One round does not a competition make, but already Canberra and the Titans must be happy on their good starts, Cowboys and Parra must be very disappointed with theirs, everyone else was involved in some good tough matches.

I hope the independent commission makes Golden point go to way of the McIntyre finals system. I know it is too good for ratings and for media to talk about to probably just have draws and no extra time; but it should be golden try as opposed to golden point or the full extra 10 minutes; whoever is ahead at the end wins.
    Alternatively have it so a draw after 80 means each team gets a point, then the winner of golden time gets another? The comp is too close from 1-12 to not reward the tight games, you'd hate to see team/s miss out on the top eight due to multiple overtime losses.

Tedesco and Gordon being out makes some big headaches for the two west Sydney teams. When Coote gets himself injured Penrith will have to blood some newbies.

Next few weeks will be interesting to watch teams like Canberra, the Sharks and the Titans, the teams who have the most to improve, and to see if the Storm, Warriors or Beagles have gone backwards.

Well that was a game I'll hopefully soon forget.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Great win by the Dragons tonight. Major form turn around compared to their abysmal effort last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Well that was a game I'll hopefully soon forget.
    Which game? Dragons v Tigers or Broncos v Knights?

The tigers really miss Ellis.. Fulton had a good game I thought but not many others.. Tigers are very far from the premiership favorites the experts foolishly claimed in the pre season...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy