Page 89 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6979848586878889909192939499109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Two lacklustre games tonight. Broncos did enough against a poor Knights team that seemed to be carrying a few injuries.

Tigers must be too, they were terrible tonight, may be in more trouble with judicial hearings this week. Don't believe for a second Farah meant it, but anything over horizontal is a big no-no. His saving grace may be that there seemed to be no hand placed between the legs.

At least supercoach has been blown wide open with Parker out for a few weeks.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post

Which game? Dragons v Tigers or Broncos v Knights?
    Tigers. As Trunks, Mknell, Sharky, dirge and countless others will tell you I am a diehard Tigers supporter. I'm not saying we deserved to win but I was extremely annoyed that those two high shots by The Dragons didn't get penalised in game.

I didn't see all the second game but it looked like the Knights were the walking wounded. Everytime I changed over to that game someone in a red and blue jumper was hobbling around. They did well against the Broncos.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    At least supercoach has been blown wide open with Parker out for a few weeks.
    heh I think I'm gone already... two bad trades in week 1 and parkers now stitting on my bench... oh well I guess more research needs to be done in the pre season next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Tigers. As Trunks, Mknell, Sharky, dirge and countless others will tell you I am a diehard Tigers supporter.
    I somewhat feel your pain. I was a Balmain tragic back in the day but I've never truly got into this Wests Tigers idea, not that I had anything against the Magpies, they were a traditional club and ARL loyal, but the whole thing has never sat well with me.
    But whether it's Balmain or Wests they are without a doubt one of the most frustrating teams to follow. I'm only a casual Tigers/Rugby League fan nowadays (cricket is my number 1 game) but I watched most of it last night, always leaving themselves too much to do and forever struggling to complete tackles and prevent offloads.

But if you want to know about a reeeeally frustrating team, try following Somerset in English County cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I was extremely annoyed that those two high shots by The Dragons didn't get penalised in game.
    Couldn't agree more, swinging an arm intentionally into a lowered head of an opponent is a dog act, like diving at the knees of a stationary player or pushing the head of a player into the ground to help yourself get off the ground. I wish that they would penalise every instance of the acts to rub them out of the game.

I think there were about 6 incidents last night where players should have been penalised and put on report but got neither as the on field refs are happy to let the match officials refer the players straight to the tribunal.

Refs will make mistakes, but the only thing they seem to be consistent in is being inconsistent.

After 6 marathon hours last night, the GWS Giants banner for their inaugural game in the AFL tomorrow night is ready to go! Seems a shame that the players will just destroy it in 10 seconds

All sports fans are invited to make their way to ANZ Stadium tomorrow night and be part of history. Game starts at 7 PM... just be sure to come dressed in orange
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    After 6 marathon hours last night, the GWS Giants banner for their inaugural game in the AFL tomorrow night is ready to go! Seems a shame that the players will just destroy it in 10 seconds

All sports fans are invited to make their way to ANZ Stadium tomorrow night and be part of history. Game starts at 7 PM... just be sure to come dressed in orange
    Wow thats amazing man. Even though I don't really care for the game I hope they do well for you

Heres hoping that the Giants can win a few this year and have a better inaugral year than the Suns both on and off the field (which will be tough with the Suns being such a money maker!)

Rabbitohs were smart moving their clash to Perth this week before the AFL really starts up!

Will be interesting to see how your Tigers go Bartrim, Ellis at hooker with groat and Woods in support. Woods is on his last chance with me for Supercoach to do some decent work...

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Heres hoping that the Giants can win a few this year and have a better inaugral year than the Suns both on and off the field (which will be tough with the Suns being such a money maker!)

Rabbitohs were smart moving their clash to Perth this week before the AFL really starts up!

Will be interesting to see how your Tigers go Bartrim, Ellis at hooker with groat and Woods in support. Woods is on his last chance with me for Supercoach to do some decent work...
    Ummm I believe Fulton is hooker. He has played there before but not my preferred choice. Anyway we are lucky we are playing an understrength Canberra side otherwise anyone else (except maybe Parra and the Titans) would carve us up.

I found it funny today at work was a bit of an afl day kinda.. Someone said GWS is a Great Waste of Space and then there was the article in today's paper about the swans claiming to be the real Sydney team... Yeah that's all well and good you were the first team in Sydney but come finals time you always plastering SMFC on all your merch.....at least GWS was born in NSW....

And I know for a fact I won't be watching them at all.

Onto the NRL I really hope the tigers pick up a win... With the luck they had in round 1 they could really be in some trouble... like parra... They have the talent but what is going wrong.

I think manlys big T Williams was a little hard done buy... Sure the tackle on De Gois was a bad tackle but I do not think it deserved the 7 weeks he copped. When Farrah got 2...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy