Page 12 of 152 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Hrm... wasn't much of a win by the Aussies in the Rugby League "World Cup". This series is going to be a walk over it'd appear.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

That was pitiful by NZ. Lelulai shouldn't even be playing. He's got no creativity. For NZ to go any good they need this set up
    1. Hohaia
    6. Fien
    7. Marshall
    9. Luke

and Halatau needs to be in 13. Yes use him as your secondary hooker but wearing 13 is where he is best because he can jump in and catch teams unaware. Coming off the bench the opposition know he'll be playing dummy half.

Australia should win this world cup but none of the big 3 have really impressed me so far.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

PNG will wipe the floor with the Kiwi's if the kiwi's don't improve ten fold.

Who was their halfback, and what did he do??? Benji didnt do much either, but at least he didnt injure himself.

Matai is a grub, he and Gallen should go camping somewhere and disappear forever more.
    Slater should be sin-binned everytime he slides in to save a try feet first until he learns not to do it, it's just too dangerous not only to opposition players, but also to himself, if a player lands on his foot wrong, he could snap tendons in the ankle. This is rugby league, not baseball.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    PNG will wipe the floor with the Kiwi's if the kiwi's don't improve ten fold.

Who was their halfback, and what did he do??? Benji didnt do much either, but at least he didnt injure himself.

Matai is a grub, he and Gallen should go camping somewhere and disappear forever more.
    Slater should be sin-binned everytime he slides in to save a try feet first until he learns not to do it, it's just too dangerous not only to opposition players, but also to himself, if a player lands on his foot wrong, he could snap tendons in the ankle. This is rugby league, not baseball.
    Thomas Leuluai is barely a 1st grader let alone a test player i have nfi why NZ insist on picking him at No.7

i agree with bartrim's line up for NZ but with Marshall still at #6, Fien at #7, Luke at #9 & Halatau at #13

was glad to see Matai nail Gallen i hate that tosser shame he couldn't line up Billy Cheater for a bit of the same

RLWC.... <bites tongue>

It could be Australia vs Rest of World and the Australians would still wipe the floor. What's the point?

Give me the real World Cup any day. At least when Australia wins a game it's actually an achievement.

(I'm not knocking the efforts of the other teams, just the futility of the tournament as a contest).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I think Mark Braybrook somed up the Ireland vs Tonga game perfectly "It's been such a long time since I've enjoyed a game of football as much as this". No it wasn't the best display of league but it was still an entertaining game to watch. Good to see that arrogant jerk Mateo get sin binned for dissent and I loved Patty Richards 90 drop kick
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Just got home from AUS vs ENG...

Yeah, we thrashed them...
    Yeah, it proves its a one horse race...

But by god, the stadium went off for every single try Billy and GI scored.. Especially the 90-odd metre run from Billy and then the 50-60 metre run from GI, which to be honest I thought looked like it could've been knocked on by Folau in the contest for it, but the Telstra Dome screens are too hard to see fine details in..

Anyways, was a really good atmosphere and a good night

North Melbourne-bot...?

Yeah, I heard the score but wasn't too interested. I think its bad that Rugby League outside Australia is so bad. The sport can only die if this happens. Other countries need a reason to play and keep the young 'uns interested.

In the A-League, the Victory won! My mate lost $100 on that and he was fuming Friday night. I got to his place and as my other mate opened the door all I could hear was a buncha expletives! And surprisingly, looking at the scoreboard, Sydney lost against the Mariners? But I think Adelaide's loss means little since they've got bigger fish to worry about.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Sydney drew 3-3.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Sydney drew 3-3.
    My cousin is a Mariners supporter and when Sydney were 3-0 up he was going ballistic! Didnt calm down too much when the scores levelled out. I liek the high scoring games, much more entertaining when the goals come from general play, not penalties like the boring Adelaide vs. Melbourne game.

As for the WC, I didnt even bother watching it. Channel 9 wants to treat us like crap and not air games live so we have to put up with Daley, Gould and their moronic commentary team instead of the radio call they can get stuffed.

Fiji's win over France was fantastic, and the Samoa Tonga game looked like it was a doozy, the atmosphere out at CUA was meant to be very hostile!

I hope PNG put up a better fight than NZ or England, but since they were steamrolled by NZ over the weekend they probably wont.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)