Page 14 of 152 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Should also allow a Koori and Maori team in the next tournie.
    I'd like to expand on that and present my brothers solution. He suggested a bigger tournament- more minnow nations. Scrap Australia. Include Indigineous team, Maori team, NSW, QLD and the NRL Premiers for that year. (He also suggested the Super League champions but I feel that team wouldn't put up much fight as half of them would be playing for England. I think it would make a more intersting would cup.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I like that idea, and would love to see the US getting beaten by Lebanon and Tonga...

Wonder how long it'll be before we see half the PNG and Fijian players in NRL jerseys? Newcastle has secured the services of a few Fiji players, and I reckon the PNG guys would go well for Nth Queensland...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Sounds like a great idea Bartrim, much fairer and more attractive matches to watch...

Yeah Trunks I hope a few of them get picked up by teams, I think that is one of the good things that will come out of this tournament, players from smaller nations like PNG, Fiji, Tonga etc getting picked up by NRL teams instead of playing in country comps or back in their respective countries. It gives those players a chance to show NRL teams what they can do, when they may not usually get that chance

North Melbourne-bot...?

Double post arrr...

Looks like we got out of jail against Bahrain last night, a goal in overtime, lucky...

From what I've heard Bahrain were dominating all night but just couldn't score, would be very disheartening for them to go down like that

North Melbourne-bot...?

Yeah go Kiwi's. Good to see Marshall has his mojo back.

Missed the game (was playing Fallout 3 on PS3) as I thought it was a foregone conclusion.

Now slightly peeved that I missed it (bar highlights). Getting a copy of it though, so all good.

Did the Aussies get over confident? Or was it that Steve Price really makes the Aussie (and QLD) team unbeatable, and that without him we collapse?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It was a combination of things. I think the aussies were overconfident. There were a couple of brain explosions by a couple of players. The kiwis were very fired up and defended very well. Thurston played at a junior level thinking that all you have to do is throw a dummy and run. Benji decided to attack the line. The Kiwis played Fien at 7 and Leluiai at 9 and a couple of very good referee decisions.

From this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by sifun
    and melbourne victory is the best
    Actually Adelaide United is the best right now... though Melbourne is #2. (T_T)

Ladder

Thought I'd post something seeing as we'll be getting into the AFL and NRL seasons reasonably soon. The NAB cup is on at the moment, but does anyone really take much notice of that? I don't pay too much attention to it, watch a game or two if nothing else is on. Few NRL trials too but pretty much the same idea. I dunno if anyone is really into Union, but the Super 14 comp started recently, I saw a bit at the pub but it was pretty packed so wasn't really the right atmosphere to be watching TV

One thing I will mention though, I find it funny how many Aussies have signed up for Super League, only to go over there to start the season and find they can't get a visa. Surely the clubs would've checked while talks and contracts etc were being done, not organised it just at the last moment. For people like Bird and Crocker, I can understand being denied a visa, given what Bird is currently charged with and Crocker's history of violence, but Eastwood is being denied on a driving conviction? I've never gone overseas or anything so I don't know how hard it is to get a visa, but I thought anything driving related wouldn't really bother them, I just thought you wouldn't be allowed to get a license over there. Unless you ran someone over or something, obviously

North Melbourne-bot...?

I think its a shame Crocker cant get a visa (yet). Had this been known earlier, the Storm would have done more to try and retain his services but now they cant as they are bursting at the seams in terms of cap space. And now you have the vultures in the NRL trying to sign his services whilst Melbourne have to watch from the sidelines as a former key player goes to an opposing team. Gives me the shits! (I'm a Storm fan if you didn't know )
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky