Page 50 of 152 FirstFirst ... 304045464748495051525354556070 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

guess it was time for 2 teams who haven't won in a looong time to win 1.

Yep, dragons were lucky to escape with a 1 pt win against the tigers. It could've been tigers vs roosters.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    guess it was time for 2 teams who haven't won in a looong time to win 1.

Yep, dragons were lucky to escape with a 1 pt win against the tigers. It could've been tigers vs roosters.
    Well the Roosters shouldn't of won in the first week of the finals against the Tigers (I still can't believe they allowed that scrum).

That Grand Final really personified the standard of referees over the course of the season. I didn't really care who won as I can't stand either team but I really wished that it was a fair game. I'm deliberately avoiding facebook ATM so I wont fight with a friend of mine who is a rabid Dragons fan.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

It was amazing that the refs blundered so badly (touchies are useless, been saying so for years).

And no surprise to many that the refs were looking to give points to the Roosters that they didnt earn, it happened all finals series.

The better team on the night, and for most of the year won, a team that has a pretty ordinary halves combo (compared to many other teams). Goes to show that good coaching overcomes poor halves.

Bring on the four nations tournie, personally, I'm going for PNG.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

it was close season coming down to the grand final in the footy tipping comp but i finished 1st in two comps and 3rd in a 3rd.... grand total 850 dollars cold hard cash............. see how long it takes to get to me now......
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    And no surprise to many that the refs were looking to give points to the Roosters that they didnt earn, it happened all finals series.
    Really I thought the Dragons got the preference in the grand final. Here's why.

1.Morris was in the 3rd row when he passed that ball before their first try.
    2.Soward knocked the ball out of Leulia's hands with his kness. Automatic 8 point try.
    3. That shot on Weyman didn't deserve a penalty.
    4. Dean Young obviously knocked the ball into Mitchell Auberson yet a try was still awarded.
    5. Morris not penalised for pushing Perritt in the back. The following drop out led to a Dragons try.

Thats just after one viewing. I want to watch the game again to see what other favours the Dragons received.

Oh and Dean Young in the Australian side?!?!?!?WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Really I thought the Dragons got the preference in the grand final. Here's why.
    -snip-
    Fair enough, I was only watching it vaguely while playing pool, so missed a few of those, Did see Morris throw that lovely pass from a few metres over the sideline, how the touchie keeps their job I have no idea.

Oh and Dean Young in the Australian side?!?!?!?WTF
    And Carney as the backup halfback? How did Prince get overlooked yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    And Carney as the backup halfback? How did Prince get overlooked yet again?
    It's a conspiracy against tigers and ex-tigers players by the Australian selectors... Although it's fine to use our coach... and yes I am still upset that John Skandalis got overlooked for 2005 squad.

It's a conspiracy against tigers and ex-tigers players by the Australian selectors... Although it's fine to use our coach... and yes I am still upset that John Skandalis got overlooked for 2005 squad.
    didn't farrah and lawrence both get selected in the squad?
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Loved watching the Kumals bash the absolute bejeezus out of the Aussies this afternoon. Also loved hearing Roy and HG call the game, missed their Origin game calls.

The Kumals really ripped into Lockyear, Tate, Gallen, Thiaday and Watmough. Thiaday and Watmough were so ineffective against this team, but Lewis has been a star.
    If only PNG had some better attacking and kicking options, they could have been very competitive, their defense was brilliant (sure they let in 42 points, and every second tackle would have been penalised in the NRL, it shows that PNG is ready for their own NRL team, all they need is a attacking 7 who can kick.

As it is, I doubt NZ will be troubled by PNG as much as the Aussies were (though if Benji is targeted like Lockyer, he might be a sore boy after the game), but I bet their hard hitting will ruffle England's feathers!

Australia need to make some immediate changes to their squad, Tate and Tonga have to go, Tate is too big an injury risk, and Tonga is too greedy, there were 4-5 opportunities where had he passed to Tuqiri, Australia would have scored, instead he held onto it. Watmough deserves to be dropped, he was woeful, and Thiaday and Gidley didnt have much impact either, so pressure will be on them.

Looks like the 'professional athletes' of Rugby League have outdone themselves this time. Well done Joel Monaghan!
    Joel's puppy-lovin' antics will definitely have to be added to the 2010 version of NRL Hall of Shame Gallery on Triple M.