Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 314146474849505152535455566171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    Looks like the 'professional athletes' of Rugby League have outdone themselves this time. Well done Joel Monaghan!
    Joel's puppy-lovin' antics will definitely have to be added to the 2010 version of NRL Hall of Shame Gallery on Triple M.
    Remember we try to focus on the positive aspects or what we like from the various football codes not talk about the bad things.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Remember we try to focus on the positive aspects or what we like from the various football codes not talk about the bad things.

I thought those PNG players looked awesome and mean in their uniforms. Intimidating fellas!

This is one for the wtf? book though....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225948806128

Benji Marshall is the greatest rugby league player in the world!!!!!!

Great effort by the Kiwis, if only Benji could do that on a more consistent basis. Maybe now it might force the Aussie selectors to pick on form rather than reputations (and that applies to the Aussie cricket selectors too).
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I think Benji showed a lot of maturity in that game by not trying to win it with every touch of ball. Just tried to get NZ in good field position and then strike when he saw the chance.

it was a crap game.. both teams where just dour....refereeing was lousy as usual
    why wasnt the pommy ref in charge.....

.... aussie try not a try
    two kiwi tries not a try... how can you miss a three metre forward pass that you score a try off.....

benji is good.. not the greatest.. he is way to inconsistant (not his fault, teams rely on him to much) at club level he manages to rise to certain occaisions...

disapointing game for a final...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    disapointing game for a final...
    I concur. The game was very poor for a final, the reffing even poorer, but that is what we have come to expect from NRL level refs.

That being said, the Kiwi's deserved their victory, Australia were flat, and we keep picking thugs and cheats, glad to see a side with Gallen, Bird, Myles, Leahroyd Lars etc get beaten.

Benji again was brilliant, one of the best players in broken play, he really needs to improve his consistency with his in game kicking and goal kicking.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Benji again was brilliant, one of the best players in broken play, he really needs to improve his consistency with his in game kicking and goal kicking.
    this i also agree with, i would even suggest taking the goal kicking off him, its too much next he will be running the water and coaching at the same time...

dont get me wrong i am not a benji hater, i just think the poor guy is depended on way to much then he should be, they expect his brilliance every time he touches a ball... any team he is in needs a quality support ball player that will take the pressure off him. he needs to be able to play a natural game and not try for majic every golden touch.. let him raom. inject himself when he wants to he will be a far more deadly player...

even at club level i belive farah and whoever the decide on no 7 next season needs to take more ball time... but then farrah is just as inconsistant as benji....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    even at club level i belive farah and whoever the decide on no 7 next season needs to take more ball time... but then farrah is just as inconsistant as benji....
    As a die-hard Tigers fan I agree that they need a more dominant 7. Thats why I think Moltzen is the answer over Lui. The Tigers problem is Marshall wants to go one way and Farah wants to go the other. They need a 7 that is confident enough to tell them both what way to go. Plus stats don't lie. 8 wins from 8 games with Marshall at 6 and Molten at 7

Totally agree Bobby, Moltzen is the tigers best option at 7, only problem is he such a junior player, would he really be able to command Farrah and Benji around the park?

And surely the Tigers can find a winger/centre who can kick halfway decent... most of them need something to do since they do so little in games!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)