Page 26 of 152 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Rugby League -> Rugby and Rugby -> Rugby League converts tend to struggle, including many some backgrounds in the other codes (such as Timana Tahu). I can't see this working for Hunt. But hey, for the Gold Coast AFL club it's a success because it generates the headlines they're after. Smart move by them, getting themselves on TV - but a very risky move by the player.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Very risky by the Gold Coast Club.

Hunt is an injury prone player, and I dont know if he can bulk up to AFL level and not continually injure himself.

Hodges or Inglis would be better AFL players, but I think Hunt will give it a fair go for 3 years before returning to league.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It's all publicity, what better way to is there gain supporters for a new AFL team in a opposition codes state than by signing up one of the opposition codes players, and one of their biggest ones at that? Interesting to see how it all goes, and I agree that someone in the mould of GI or Hodges etc would make a better AFL player, but we'll see I guess, long time to wait to check him out in action though, in a competitive sense anyway, I'm sure we'll see training footage sometime soon

North Melbourne-bot...?

I don't know about Hodges playing AFL. Inglis would be good. Someone like Chris Lawrence would be a good AFL player. He's very athletic, solid, quick hands and has a good long range kicking game (according to Tim Sheens)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I can guarantee you all that St Kilda Fans are like this right now

What did everyone think of the game?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

GO PARRA!

Boys and girls, as big kev would say, " i'm excited!"

GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    GO PARRA!
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Dont worry, the Storm will end your fairytale next week.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Can't wait for the Storm to wipe the floor with Parramatta. It'll shut all the bandwagoners traps for them.

And it will be nice to know the NRL failed to get Parra to win a premiership, considering all the help they have given them with the refereeing and judicial decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Can't wait for the Storm to wipe the floor with Parramatta. It'll shut all the bandwagoners traps for them.

And it will be nice to know the NRL failed to get Parra to win a premiership, considering all the help they have given them with the refereeing and judicial decisions.
    Gotta agree with you there Trunks. I almost wannasee parra win just so Fatbot will be happy but I think they had a bit of luck. I thought that touch judge had money on Parra goingoff some of his decisions. Oh and what's the difference between Jarryd Hayne's knee drop and Bryce Gibbs' knee drop. Why was Hayne only given a grade1 and Gibbs a grade 2 !? (thats a rhetorrical question. Being an NRL fan I know they are pushing their new golden boy)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Gotta agree with you there Trunks. I almost wannasee parra win just so Fatbot will be happy but I think they had a bit of luck. I thought that touch judge had money on Parra goingoff some of his decisions. Oh and what's the difference between Jarryd Hayne's knee drop and Bryce Gibbs' knee drop. Why was Hayne only given a grade1 and Gibbs a grade 2 !? (thats a rhetorrical question. Being an NRL fan I know they are pushing their new golden boy)
    I missed the game (couldn't care less about dogs/eels) but when I saw the footage of Hayne kneeing an opposition player in the neck when he should have just jumped over him my first thought was "4 weeks". Then my second thought was, "no, the NRL is trying to get Parra a premiership, he'll get off."

If it had have been Slater doing the exact same thing (or any melbourne player) he would have been given 3-4 weeks easy.

Chicken wing was iffy, I don't think the intent was there, but it was still a chicken wing tackle. Good decision to put him on report then dropping the charge after the game.