Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[QUOTE=Bartrim;417463]Justin Hodges is a grub who should be banned from the NRL and how Papalli wasn't penalised for shoulder charging is beyond me./QUOTE]

I though Gillett was worse.

I'd be happy to see Hodges gone, if we could do a 2-for-1 with Gallen, the playing field would be safer and cleaner for all.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

[QUOTE=i_amtrunks;417469]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Justin Hodges is a grub who should be banned from the NRL and how Papalli wasn't penalised for shoulder charging is beyond me./QUOTE]

I'd be happy to see Hodges gone, if we could do a 2-for-1 with Gallen, the playing field would be safer and cleaner for all.
    I'll even throw in Bird and Watmough for that deal.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Wayne Bennet might be a good man manager but he record is starting to look a lot like Ricky Stuarts!

Leaves bronco's with no new players coming through
    Goes to dragons who were building well under Nathan Brown
    Players mature at dragons and they win a premiership
    Leaves the dragons with no new players coming through
    Goes to knights who were building well under Rick Stone - I think he had one season
    Buys his old mates and now looks like hes going to leave the knights with arguably the worst list in the NRL.

I don't think that makes him comparable to Stuart (who is the worst coach since Brian Smith). Bennett knows who he wants and the types of players he needs and sticks with them while he can. It is up to clubs to make sure that they replace outgoing players with new/replacement ones, its not like Bennett sneaks off into the night or anything!

As for Stuart, he leaves a club with overpriced players and gets rid of or disenfranchises the rest, then he leaves, and viola, those players he squashed and did not select all come good...

My condolences Tigers fans, Brian Smith is at your club, watch the rot begin anew.

Also nice to see Mansour sticking with the Panfers even though it was on (marginally) less money, they also got a great player in Korisau. Lots of Rakes at the Panthers now, not sure why when Segeyaro is brilliant.

It's the coach and their support staff who recommend new players to sign and which ones to bring up from the under 20's etc, Bennett had good support staff while at the broncos but hes been a bit found out at the dragons and knights. Sure hes not as bad as Stuart but hes passed his used by date as a head coach I think.

I was very disgusted with Kurt Gidley on the weekend. Dropping knees whenever he could and that blatant shoulder on Farah. He deserved more then 10 in the bin. Then finally he has the ball on the last play to try and win the game and he takes a tackle.

Go home and look at your origin jersey... You'll never get another one lol.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I was very disgusted with Kurt Gidley on the weekend. Dropping knees whenever he could and that blatant shoulder on Farah. He deserved more then 10 in the bin. Then finally he has the ball on the last play to try and win the game and he takes a tackle.

Go home and look at your origin jersey... You'll never get another one lol.
    thats nothing new for gidley really, and that professional foul i dont know how you can find anything more blatant that isnt oportunistic
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    thats nothing new for gidley really, and that professional foul i dont know how you can find anything more blatant that isnt oportunistic
    Only the most one eyed Knights supporter could make the claim that it didn't deserve the sin bin! Gidley is one of those players who, as he lost his speed and talent has resorted to grubbery, much like Ennis or Gallen. Was once one of my favourite players, but has not been for years.

Wish they would use the bin more for those professional fouls, sliding knees, facial work etc. Accidents happen in rugby league, we do not need the grubby stuff on top of it.