Page 42 of 152 FirstFirst ... 223237383940414243444546475262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Well I'm lucky to still have a TV after that lose to the bunnies last night
    Nah thats not as bad as leatting in 34 unanswered points in the 2nd half to kill our season

That wasn't a forward pass that Wesser threw, it was a gridiron pass.

And it ruined my perfect round too!

Doggies and Eels seasons are over, and Newcastle and Canberra dont really have a chance either, so now it's down to about 9 teams to make the 8.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

And it ruined my perfect round too!

Doggies and Eels seasons are over, and Newcastle and Canberra dont really have a chance either, so now it's down to about 9 teams to make the 8.
    it makes amends from the mistakes made from the tigers game the week before. same ref.. one major stuff up... that determines the end result of the game.

seriously tho why are the refs a protected species.. lets hope they dont do something like that in the grand final.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    seriously tho why are the refs a protected species.. lets hope they dont do something like that in the grand final.
    No idea, but if anyone else was that incompetent in their job I'm sure they would be fired.
    Minichello's try in the roosters game was a joke, he knocked it on and it was still given (didn't matter in the end, but still a terrible call).

Problem is Finch is crap, always has been, yet he seems to have the job for as long as he wants it. All these obvious mistakes and problems with the refs (and the touchies, they get away with making no calls) make the league look amateurish.

I actually posted on wests tigers facebook page that Souths won with a touchdown in the dying seconds of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    it makes amends from the mistakes made from the tigers game the week before. same ref.. one major stuff up... that determines the end result of the game.
    There was more then one major stuff up. There were 2 in that game. That forward pass and right on full time Farah had the markers not square right in front about 40 metres out. Maxwell ahd the whistles in his mouth but didn't have the balls to make the decision.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Just tried to explain the McIntyre finals system to my father (a working class Italian)... I need a stiff drink.

Not a good weekend for me. Wests Tigers (pack of cheatin Roosters, Refs are too soft) and St Louis Rams lost... Although one positive was Sam Bradford for the Rams. Played very well for a rookie QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Not a good weekend for me. Wests Tigers (pack of cheatin Roosters, Refs are too soft) and St Louis Rams lost... Although one positive was Sam Bradford for the Rams. Played very well for a rookie QB.
    tigs were hard done by, but in the same instance the roosters didnt win the game, the tigers lost it they really should never have let the roostr get to that position in the first instance....benji benji benji rule number 2 on the footy field is never throw a punh when your in possession... never..... even if they hit you first...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Worst thing is, had the Tigers won, the Roosters would be out with Manly, so the two teams that don't generate their own juniors would have been gone.

Tigers should have had about 20 points up after 20 minutes, but between their sloppy finishing skills and the refs they were still on 0. Really felt like a game where the refs were looking for any reason to take points away from the Tigers yet give them to the Roosters.

Titans vs. Warriors ws the game of the round by far, too bad the Warriors are out, they would have been a good team to bash up ST George in the semis.

Canberra and Panthers should win this week, Tigers have a terrible record in night games in the capital, but can anyone see the Panthers, Raiders, Titans beating the Dragons? I can't.

Canberra and Panthers should win this week, Tigers have a terrible record in night games in the capital, but can anyone see the Panthers, Raiders, Titans beating the Dragons? I can't.
    + injuries/sickness going through the tigers as well. I think the Fairfax Roosters will beat the Panthers. I still can't see the Dragons winning as they weren't very inspiring on Sunday. I think a better team would of carved them up.

Stoooopid referees. Why can't it be like in the good old days if the guy playing the ball and the marker want to punch on then let them. It has no effect on the play going on. I still can't believe Warrera-Hargreaves (or whatever his name is) only got penalised once. As biased as I am and I'll admit the Tigers let the Roosters back into the match I still think if that game was called down the middle the Tigers would of won.