Thread: Transformers Room Construction - any tips?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the tips guys! You all rock! In regards to the suggestions so far:

*The window on the north side will be under a verandah so no direct sunlight. However the west ones will get some direct sunlight in the arvos so may have to look into getting that UV stuff on them. I could put the windows on the south side but for the look of the house from the outside it wouldn't really work.

*We looked into having a higher roof but it was going to be too costly. Hopefully the TF's will be alright. Considering the limited space of the room I'm not going to really have a choice but to put the shelving along the outer walls (Which will be fibro) so I'm just gonna hope for the best - the rest of the house seems to do ok wall-hear wise.

*Adjustable shelving - great idea!

Please keep the suggestions coming! They are all appreciated and give me ideas to consider before we email the architect as the end of the week

From a lighting perspective, and from personal experience, down lights have a modern showroom feel but do have a limited focus from a top-down perspective, which means if you want your TF to be well illuminated at night, you'll need at a minimum four downlights AND use wide angle globes. It's a decent size room so a single globe in the middle of the room isn't going to cut it. My home theatre room seems similar in size so I'll post a pic later of what happens when you have downlights in a large room.

In terms of shelving, I'm a convert now for all enclosed glass shelving. Keeps the dust out (a winner for me) and gives that showroom/museum feel about the room. It's probably expensive as well, but get a quote from a store that does shop fitouts.