Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Beast Wars Appreciation Thread

Here's a little teaser to whet the appetite. Page 7 from Transformers: X...

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Magmatron, two-thirds of Magnaboss and Rhinox. Despite the Cybertronian bodies, it doesn't come much more Beast Wars than that.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

The lines for Page 2 (of 4) of Gathering Darkness -- the untold story of the Tripredacus Council:

Verno, with all due respect, I created this thread so that people can express and discuss their appreciation for the Beast Wars brand, as in the official toys, cartoon and so on. May I request that you post your fan fics in the Grapple's Creative Stuff section of the board.

Thank you for your consideration.

I was just trying to generate some discussion mate. Didn't mean to step one anyone's toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Hasbro is putting the power back in the hands of the people, letting us decide (out of a choice of 9 characters) who deserves a new Generations figure in the upcoming sequel to Titans Return -- Power of the Primes.

The other 8 names are immaterial. There is only one option:

Make your vote count!

#I'MJUSTPRIME
    Omg.
    Literally "Primal Prime". I like it.

Was playing the Beast Wars Mutating Card Game with my daughter this afternoon. She drew a Mutate card early on in the piece and transformed Optimus Primal into robot mode where he remained for a good chunk of the game and took out most of my Preds, and Megatron was his first casualty (so there went my heavy hitter). Even after she drew another Mutate card which forced Primal back into Beast Mode, he still managed to take out several more Predacons in gorilla mode! I finally managed to take Primal down with Tarantulas in robot mode, and Tarantulas did manage to take out a couple more Maximals before he was the last Predacon standing and was finally taken down.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Was playing the Beast Wars Mutating Card Game with my daughter this afternoon. She drew a Mutate card early on in the piece and transformed Optimus Primal into robot mode where he remained for a good chunk of the game and took out most of my Preds, and Megatron was his first casualty (so there went my heavy hitter). Even after she drew another Mutate card which forced Primal back into Beast Mode, he still managed to take out several more Predacons in gorilla mode! I finally managed to take Primal down with Tarantulas in robot mode, and Tarantulas did manage to take out a couple more Maximals before he was the last Predacon standing and was finally taken down.
    I have never heard of this game before and now I really want it lol

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars_Tr...ting_Card_Game

It's a really fun game. The game mechanics are quite simple as it's meant to be easy for kids to learn and play. I quite like how it heavily draws from the Beast Wars toy line, with each of the character cards carrying stats from their Tech Specs in robot mode, although the game assigns them different stats in beast mode which is weaker. While it's frustrating that you can't transform to robot mode at will because all abilities are a result of a card draw, being "forced" to involuntarily convert back to beast mode is reminiscent of Season 1 of the cartoon where characters would begin shorting out from exposure to raw Energon.

The artwork on this game is beautiful and toy accurate. The robot mode art is directly taken from their box and card art, which is a bonus for me because I missed out on most of the early Hasbro BW stuff since I was in Japan when BW came out. So getting this game allowed me to get a good look at the Hasbro art for the early characters. But the original art on the box and for all of their beast modes are also done in the same style as the box/card art. It just looks gorgeous. The board itself looks wicked as a plateau that's bursting with Energon seam lines. The TFwiki page doesn't show it, but it comes with two plastic parts which, in storage, hold the cards, but during game set up form the base of the plateau and elevates the board like this. Here is what the game looks like during play. I picked my game up from TRU in the late 90s... no idea where you might find one now. But if you happen to find one, I'd highly recommend it. There are some technical drawbacks to the game, but bear in mind that it was made for 5 year olds!

Scans from p.90-91 of the Beast Wars II Encyclopaedia, 1998.

A photo of a younger Yuki Hisashi

Yuki's design sketches for Lio Convoy