View Poll Results: JP MP Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 95.35%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 4.65%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-27 Masterpiece Ironhide

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Ironhide is amazing. Almost passed on this guy, but so glad I didn't.
    I passed on him and have been regretting every moment!

On the plus side, I did preorder Ratchet -- and no doubt Takara will release MP-27+ at some point...

While all of you are enjoying your MP Shockwaves I finally got MP Ironhide and Hot Rodimus

Not much I can say at this point that hasn't been said already. I was immediately impressed with his van mode when I took it out of the box - I thought the shape, paintjob etc were all just fantastic, I was so impressed. Likewise when I turned him into a robot I realised that this is by far the best G1 inspired Ironhide we've ever had - it really does look like it warrants the name Masterpiece. He is a really good size too, a lot bulkier than the other Autobot cars. And ll the accesories are just plain fun!

Thumbs up from Big Impressed Trev

Just received iron hide today and did a quick transform.

Absolutely solid solid masterpiece figure. It has that premium feel.

Not every masterpiece these days has that premium feel...and it's not the size either. Ultra Magnus is much bigger but doesn't quite feel as high quality.

The only thing I don't like is the hip panels and it could so easily have been rectified. Big disappointment. Also the calves have two bits sticking out on the inner calves. Wish they could have hidden it.

Great toy. But a bit of a missed opportunity here.

But enjoying it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by willocrew View Post
    Just received iron hide today and did a quick transform.

Absolutely solid solid masterpiece figure. It has that premium feel.

Not every masterpiece these days has that premium feel...and it's not the size either. Ultra Magnus is much bigger but doesn't quite feel as high quality.

The only thing I don't like is the hip panels and it could so easily have been rectified. Big disappointment. Also the calves have two bits sticking out on the inner calves. Wish they could have hidden it.

Great toy. But a bit of a missed opportunity here.

But enjoying it anyway.
    I think I get what you mean re: feel. Do you think it's the gloss and smooth plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I think I get what you mean re: feel. Do you think it's the gloss and smooth plastic?
    The Gloss smooth plastic.

Also the weight of the figure. The size. The transformation process.

The way the leg flaps fold to create seamless looking legs.

The way the chest flaps click together so satisfyingly.

This is a nice toy.

I recently moved house which means that my Transformers were packed away in storage for about a month, however I lent my MP Autobots to a mate who then transformed most of them into vehicle mode for safer repackaging. But of course, I display most of my TFs in robot mode (as it takes up less shelf space), and a few days ago I started transforming my MPs back to robot mode. I wasn't sure how I'd go with Ironhide, but I found that it was relatively easy because it's such a fun and intuitive transformation.

Even months after getting Ironhide, I'm still amazed at just how brilliant the transformation is. Despite the sheer technical difficulty of converting from vehicle to a show-accurate robot mode, the transformation still manages to be quite doable through being instinctive and just down-right fun. I cannot wait to get MP Ratchet.