1 100.00%
  • Green Leader

0 0%
  • Horn Company Trooper

0 0%
  • Generic Republic Commando

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Clone Trooper to Cosplay As?

Default Which Clone Trooper to Cosplay As?

Hi all,
    I am going to Sydney Oz Comic Con again this year and I found a tutorial on how too make an easy, good looking Clone Trooper costume. I won't go into details but it limits me too a Phase I Clone. That kinda upsets me because I'd like too go as a Phase II Clone but the helmet kits for Phase II are like $250-ish more expensive. Anyway, here are the Clones I'm considering:

Horn Company Trooper. I like this design because it is relatively unique and I don't think many people would go as one.

Green Leader. This Clone only has a few line ins Clone Wars Season 1 Episode 9, but I kinda liked him. The problem I have with this design is it looks a bit common.

Plain White Republic Commando. I like the plain design of the Commando more then the unique ones (Boss, Sev, Fixer etc) but it would take a bit more work then the others. Also, it looks even plainer then Green Leader.

Phase I AOTC Clone Commander. This design always stuck with me as an authority figure and I really developed a respect for the 'yellow Clones' as I called them when I was younger. Again, a bit plain.

Or I'm open too other peoples suggestions.

Advice is appreciated, thanks!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

You could come up with your own colour scheme. Or reference another series you like. Like a purple and grey Galvatron based clone deco.

It has been done, there was a clone nicknamed Doom based on Doctor Doom from the Marvel comics
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I quite like Golden Phoenix's Idea.

from what you've suggested above, I see what you mean by the generic and the yellow trooper being more common looking but I get the impression that the other two are singular characters. What if someone else goes as the green leader? there can only be one green leader but there are plenty of yellow troopers. so if someone else goes as a yellow trooper, it would make sense in the lore of the show that there are more than one of you.

just my thoughts. as for which I think looks best. I think I'd prefer the yellow trooper design with blue or red highlights.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    You could come up with your own colour scheme. Or reference another series you like. Like a purple and grey Galvatron based clone deco.

It has been done, there was a clone nicknamed Doom based on Doctor Doom from the Marvel comics
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I quite like Golden Phoenix's Idea.

from what you've suggested above, I see what you mean by the generic and the yellow trooper being more common looking but I get the impression that the other two are singular characters. What if someone else goes as the green leader? there can only be one green leader but there are plenty of yellow troopers. so if someone else goes as a yellow trooper, it would make sense in the lore of the show that there are more than one of you.

just my thoughts. as for which I think looks best. I think I'd prefer the yellow trooper design with blue or red highlights.
    That is a nice idea guys! Yeah, I have heard of Commander Doom and Commander Thorn (who was based on Thor). I was actually considering going as Doom but as I said, Phase II Helmet Kits are very expensive.

UltraMarginal, I see what your getting at with the canon part. Only Green Leader is a unique character. There are multiples Horn Company Troopers.

At the moment I'm not really into the Commando. I'm going to have a look around for online Clone makers.

Thanks .

Still open for thoughts from others too.

Clone trooper at his wedding - full storm trooper outfit with long-tailed tux coat over the top, bow tie and a top hat perched on top of the helmet

well i love the republic commando game and novels so I would say a commando don't worry about it being "plain", you're a commando! so you can customise yourself based on your advanced training and battlefield experience i think there is a lot more scope for different markings, colours and camouflage as well as ammo packs, gear etc

http://kickawesome.deviantart.com/ar...-Vau-178574550

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/D-Squad/Legends

What about a 501st clone trooper?? they have the blue deco. I think commander Cody was in the 501st.

https://www.google.com.au/search?sit...4_lW-SIdUzM%3A

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    What about a 501st clone trooper?? they have the blue deco. I think commander Cody was in the 501st.

https://www.google.com.au/search?sit...4_lW-SIdUzM%3A
    Cody was in the 212th.

I don't want too go as a 501st Trooper though because it is prretty much the most common Clone too get cosplayed as, other then maybe a plain white Clone or Captain Rex.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    well i love the republic commando game and novels so I would say a commando don't worry about it being "plain", you're a commando! so you can customise yourself based on your advanced training and battlefield experience i think there is a lot more scope for different markings, colours and camouflage as well as ammo packs, gear etc

http://kickawesome.deviantart.com/ar...-Vau-178574550

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/D-Squad/Legends

I'm liking this idea...

Phase I Clone Commander
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой