Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KO Mirage warning

Well, I won the auction ($202!!).
    I'll get shipping quotes, then let him know I've been informed the item might be counterfeit.
    This seller is pretty well known for selling KO's. At the last collectables fair at Malvern, his stall had pretty much every KO available for sale, at genuine G1 prices.

Okay, good luck. I'm not sure you should do it regularly from your usual eBay account (although now that they've eliminated negative feedback, I wonder what they can do to you). I guess if you have another email address from which you can start up a new eBay account then you can always bid away without concerns.

I've had similar qualms about some Masters of the Universe auctions recently - not knockoffs, but people have been selling 2000-2001 reissues without the outer boxes (the bit that makes it clear that they're not the originals) and thus they appear to be MOC 80's toys. ("These guys have been in storage for years now", he says in every description. Yeah 'years', like 'a few'. Not the twenty-five that innocent buyers have been inferring.) They've gone as high as $325 (one could get them with their collector boxes from the US for maybe $15 plus postage.) They've even received constant positive feedback - I don't understand it at all. And they're still doing it again and again because they keep getting away with it. It's like having an auction for a commemorative 2002 Optimus Prime with a blurb written in such a way that people will infer that it's the 1984 version. It makes me mad.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

That's alot of effort to go to just to rub a KO in a Seller's face... (& ultimately take one more step towards getting them in strife )

It's no effort at all. :P
    But this seller is known to be fairly unscrupulous.
    Most Melbourne fans know who it is and where the shop is located.

Although it warms my heart to see you screwing over counterfeit sellers, won't he simply be able to offer it to the next highest bidder for $200 anyway...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I've had similar qualms about some Masters of the Universe auctions recently - not knockoffs, but people have been selling 2000-2001 reissues without the outer boxes (the bit that makes it clear that they're not the originals) and thus they appear to be MOC 80's toys. ("These guys have been in storage for years now", he says in every description. Yeah 'years', like 'a few'. Not the twenty-five that innocent buyers have been inferring.) They've gone as high as $325 (one could get them with their collector boxes from the US for maybe $15 plus postage.) They've even received constant positive feedback - I don't understand it at all. And they're still doing it again and again because they keep getting away with it. It's like having an auction for a commemorative 2002 Optimus Prime with a blurb written in such a way that people will infer that it's the 1984 version. It makes me mad.
    Can you email the winners to let them know they are being conned?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I had another ebay member email me warning me that the item is a KO.
    So its good to see there are people looking out for unwary shoppers.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Nice work D-nac. Those bastards even sell KO militaria as genuine.

I have no problem with them selling KO's but they could at least advertise it as such. Trying to sell it as genuine just makes me not spend any money with them whether it is their genuine stuff or not.

How did you go?

be careful about creating another ebay ID... ebay tracks IP addresses and if they find another ID on that IP address, you could face criminal charges if found doing the wrong thing.