Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers on A Current Affair 25-9-08

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    ACA sure know how to ask the tough questions...
    Its not ACA, its Entertainment Tonight. ACA just broadcasted the ET 'story'.

It was indeed a waste of 11 minutes. It was all about how 'awesome' Bay is as well as the actors. I don't care very much for any of them personally and despite watching the first movie, I am not in agreement that Bay was the correct choice as the director. In general I don't think very much of Bay as a director. The ET thing didn't even focus on the story just how Bay likes to blow up crap.

So it was very tedious for me to watch, I was hoping for some good TF revelation at the end but that never came to happen.

I hope this attitude of making the Transfomers 'extras' in a movie bearing their name and focusing on Bay and the actors as the main attraction does not carry over to the final product.

There should be a more balanced approach.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I am so getting sick of these "Entertainment Reporters" painting Bay as the guy single-most responsible for resurrecting TFs...

It's as though (from their eyes) Transformers were dead & buried before Bay gave them a second lease on life... *They deserve a ... *

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    it was also on in SA as well, at the end it was stated the Shia hurt his hand in a car accident and that they had to write it in and i quote "you heard it hear first" lmao
    Caught that too and gave me a damn good laugh.

I didn't mind Tracey but since she went to ACA she lost all credibility. Comes from being attached to the show I suppose, it hasn't had credibility in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    I didn't mind Tracey but since she went to ACA she lost all credibility. Comes from being attached to the show I suppose, it hasn't had credibility in years.
    Hey, there will be no slagging of Anti-cellulite creams round these parts...

Hey, don't bag Tracey. Or you'll have Deborah Hutton to answer to!

I can't believe anyone actually watches ACA/TT. I'm not talking about treating it as a joke, I'm talking about _watching_ it.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

meh, I don't watch it, it's everyone else in the house that has it on.

Personally i'd pop it onto pay-tv. Sure it might be a repeat of The Simpsons on Fox 8 or some moronic reality crap on MTV, or hell, even the news on Sky News, but frankly, they're all improvements over ACA and Home and Away at that time. (TT is on earlier here)

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I can't believe anyone actually watches ACA/TT. I'm not talking about treating it as a joke, I'm talking about _watching_ it.
    I honestly have no idea why those shows are still on tele at all - let alone at primetime...

I mean, the whole Mercedes Corby/Jodi Power war between the 2 shows illustrated just how low the 2 shows will stoop for ratings...

I dont watch it my dad does thats the only reason why i even saw it i cant stand ACA/TT

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Hey, don't bag Tracey. Or you'll have Deborah Hutton to answer to!

I haven't seen it in many years. I hate those shows as they are represent everything that is wrong with the modern news services.

I saw the ET thing on youtube after it was linked on another board before the local broadcast.

Why they are still on? Who knows.

Australian free to air TV still ranks as the worse I have ever encountered. Even in poor countries were there were only 2 channels they still made an effort to show some variety and entertainment even if the stuff broadcasted was 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

There should be a more balanced approach.
    Exactly. Meaning less of these blowhard actors and more of the Robots.... I mean Hellooooo the movie is entitled "Transformers", not "teenage delinquents", or "Star complex airheads". Oh and a little more death scenes, honestly even the fight of Megs and Prime on the first movie , hellooooo prime gets thrown to a building , no one got killed, he fell down on the pavement no human got squished?!? WTF?!? Oh and that soldier getting the shishkebab from Scorponok, ... really thats it??

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Australian free to air TV still ranks as the worse I have ever encountered. Even in poor countries were there were only 2 channels they still made an effort to show some variety and entertainment even if the stuff broadcasted was 20 years old.
    AMEN. Free TV here is BORING AS!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]