Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

AWESOME. That is what I thought you meant, but mine was just nice 'n' stiff. Great find!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    AWESOME. That is what I thought you meant, but mine was just nice 'n' stiff. Great find!
    Ah, good. For those who don't understand my gibberish, I just went trawling on the Interwebs and found this visual aid:

@Raiden. For a good start, try Swoop. Granted, his beast mode may not be all that great (but it's pretty good), but robot mode is pure love. He's such a mass of ball joints that I reckon he might be one of the most poseble of the Animated toys.

Ratchet is pretty cool too, as is Blackarachnia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I would not start with Stealth Lockdown! (Unless you just want it for the Legends Optimus and Bumblebee). The clear plastic on Stealth Lockdown is completely inappropriate for the mould and so it's unlikely that it will even Transform cleanly into vehicle mode (and once it's there it will probably be jammed together and hard to prise apart.) Original Lockdown is a great toy, however. I completely agree with all Trunks's above comments and would also add the Starscream/Skywarp/Sunstorm mould as well as Ultra Magnus to the list as other good Animated Toys.
    I agree with your sentiment about Stealth Lockdown being hard to transform. He sticks together very well in car mode-so well that I snapped a peg when trying to transform him two weeks ago.

Oil Slick Oil Slick Oil Slickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I would not start with Stealth Lockdown! (Unless you just want it for the Legends Optimus and Bumblebee). The clear plastic on Stealth Lockdown is completely inappropriate for the mould and so it's unlikely that it will even Transform cleanly into vehicle mode (and once it's there it will probably be jammed together and hard to prise apart.) Original Lockdown is a great toy, however. I completely agree with all Trunks's above comments and would also add the Starscream/Skywarp/Sunstorm mould as well as Ultra Magnus to the list as other good Animated Toys.
    Yeah, sorry, I made a mistake. I meant Blazing Lockdown, not Stealth Lockdown (not enough sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    @Raiden. For a good start, try Swoop. Granted, his beast mode may not be all that great (but it's pretty good), but robot mode is pure love. He's such a mass of ball joints that I reckon he might be one of the most poseble of the Animated toys.
    Swoop has been in my sights as well as the other Dinobots

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to buy atleast one to give it a try but knowing me I will end up with more so I guess it will just be whoever looks cool when the purchasing starts

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I agree with all of Trunks assessments (I'm very partial to Voyager Bulkhead, but those who care about scale should avoid), and Sky Shadow's recommendation to avoid Stealth Lockdown.

Why don't you give us an idea of what figures in other lines you DO like and why, as opinions are always so subjective. If we get an idea of your tastes, we can probably make better recommendations.
    Thats a tough one. I don't know why I buy certain figures. I guess ones that look good in both modes and with enjoyable transformations.

Pretty vague huh?

I reckon, start with Swoop. However I am a bad one to ask, coz I reckon they are all pretty good. Except for Blitzwing.

I was suprised at the level of mould changes made to Mr Happy Mods Prowl (I dont like calling him Samurai) main body to fit the side car on. Much sharper, its very close to a completely new mould.

Swindle is bags full of personality and even though Waspinator is very simple, he has lots too

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I reckon, start with Swoop. However I am a bad one to ask, coz I reckon they are all pretty good. Except for Blitzwing.

I was suprised at the level of mould changes made to Mr Happy Mods Prowl (I dont like calling him Samurai) main body to fit the side car on. Much sharper, its very close to a completely new mould.

Swindle is bags full of personality and even though Waspinator is very simple, he has lots too
    So Blitzwing is pretty bad? Thats unfortunate because he is one of my favourite characters on the show

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    So Blitzwing is pretty bad? Thats unfortunate because he is one of my favourite characters on the show
    I could be considered a biased one eyed aniamted fan, but I'll level with you, Blitzwing is pretty 'meh' and there have been mpore than a few instances of him having serious QA issues (just ask Goktimus), which is why I didnt recommend him in the first place. he is a fantastic character on the show, but not so great on the toy shelf.

All the awesomesauce was taken out of Blitzwing and dumped into Lugnut and Oil Slick.

Start with the deluxes, like oil Slick, Cybertron Prime and Jazz, they are the meat and potatoes of the Animated Line.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I could be considered a biased one eyed aniamted fan, but I'll level with you, Blitzwing is pretty 'meh' and there have been mpore than a few instances of him having serious QA issues (just ask Goktimus), which is why I didnt recommend him in the first place.
    It's sad because the toy looks so great and has such great gimmicks (triple-changer, multiple faces) but is physically a mess. If there was an empirical 'worst' Animated toy, Blitzwing would have to be it. It was an ambitious failure, and sadly - unlike so many of the other characters - it's the character's only toy incarnation. (Well... unless one bought a Happy Meal in France):

http://tformers.net/g/albums/10409/Untitled-1.jpg
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 20th March 2009 at 05:06 PM.