Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

GRARGH! Animated Blitzwing is the bane of my existence!! I would absolutely recommend that you do **NOT** buy this toy unless you're a completist.

I bought Animated Blitzwing, its canopy tabs broke and the wing pegs were deformed. So I returned it and got a second one. Tabs broke. Got a third one, deformed pegs. Got a fourth one - canopy tabs are showing signs of stress after I tried transforming it in and out of tank mode a few times with extreme care... I just avoid locking the turret in now (i.e.: I never properly transform it into tank mode) because I'm terrified of breaking the canopy tabs again.

This toy is nine colours of Sugar-Honey-Ice-Tea... do not waste your money on it! Animated Blitzwing would have to be the poster boy for Animated's poor quality control. (T_T)

I love Animated Blitzwing. He's always been pretty divisive though. I woudn't rule out buying, I'd just recommend trying first (got any collector mates?)

I've never had a problem with any of my TF's and my kids play rough as guts with them. Are you sure you're transforming Blitzwing correctly?

Yup. I followed the instructions. I brought him along to the Megatron Club AGM and kup also had a go transforming him really carefully too, like neurosurgical level of care. I was able to transform it a few times that way, but after a few times stress marks appeared so I've given up now.

If you do get Blitzwing do make sure you keep the receipt.

Ok, I ended u getting Soundwave and Blazing Lockdown.
    I was so excited before I opened them but it just seemed a bit of a let down after I transformed them

Soundwave was pretty good, very short and stocky. No real problems but I just thought it would be better for some reason

Lockdown was the one I wanted more and I think this is the one that was the bigger letdown. The Chainsaw really had to be forced into position on the hood and I thought I was going to break it.

Are the hands supposed to go at a 45 degree angle from the wrists?
    I've read there were issues with the hands breaking so I didn't want to force them in place incase they weren't supposed to go

I might pick up another couple of figs just to make sure if I like these or not but at this stage I am not convinced I will

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Ok, I ended u getting Soundwave and Blazing Lockdown.
    I was so excited before I opened them but it just seemed a bit of a let down after I transformed them

Soundwave was pretty good, very short and stocky. No real problems but I just thought it would be better for some reason

Lockdown was the one I wanted more and I think this is the one that was the bigger letdown. The Chainsaw really had to be forced into position on the hood and I thought I was going to break it.

Are the hands supposed to go at a 45 degree angle from the wrists?
    I've read there were issues with the hands breaking so I didn't want to force them in place incase they weren't supposed to go

I might pick up another couple of figs just to make sure if I like these or not but at this stage I am not convinced I will

@ Raider with Lockdowns hands thats as far as they will go out without breaking them but there is a small modification you can do to the hands so that they do go all the way out but i cant remember what you need to do or where to find a how to guide

Lockdown's hands are supposed to be like that. It's annoying, but it's the way it is.

Just the regular Lockdown for me thanks. Won't bother getting repaints of Blazing and Stealth. One of each figure will do for now.

Omega Spreem!

(Derrick Wyatt is a legend.)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    GRARGH! Animated Blitzwing is the bane of my existence!!
    I'm not a fan of this figure either! I love the character, but the toy really let me down. I got this guy for $22 at Target (their mistake!) and I still feel ripped off.

Still, he's a character I really like, so I just keep him standing there in robot mode - like a statue - doomed, never to be transformed ever again!